56| whats on your mind

Peter's pov
"Everywhere I go, I see his face. And the whole world is asking who is going to be the next Iron Man and... I don't know if that's me. I'm not Iron Man." I say, drawing circles on Y/n's thigh. Tears falling down my face.

"You're not Iron Man. You're never going to be Iron Man. Nobody can live up to Tony. Not even Tony. Tony was my best friend. And he was a mess. He second-guessed everything he did, he was all over the place. The one thing he did that he didn't second-guess was picking you. I don't think Tony would've done what he did... if he didn't know that you were going to be here after he was gone." Happy says. I hear Y/n sniffle, I look at her, and she is looking away from us, out the window. I move my hand from her thigh to her shoulder.

"Y/n?" I say, she turns around, tears in her eyes. She smiles at me but I know it's fake.

"Y/n, you don't have to keep acting like you're okay... talk to us, what's on your mind." Happy says, I nod along, encouraging her to speak.

"I feel like he's not really gone. I keep thinking that I'm gonna get home after this trip and he's gonna be there... How do all the people who loose a parent move on? I always heard stories about it and just shrugged it off cause I never thought it could happen to me. Even if I did ever think it could, I just ignored those thoughts because they were just too horrible... The worst thing is everyday I wake up and for a split second I forget, but then I instantly remember, and it's like reliving the moment my Mom got home in hysterics after he died. I have to keep having that thought in my mind every single day and it's shit!... But I have to keep going and be strong for Mom and Morgie, because it breaks my heart seeing them upset... but how am I supposed keep being strong when it's breaking me inside? But I keep going, because whatever anguish and despair I'm feeling, someone is feeling it 10 times worse... Sorry." Y/n whispers an apology at the end. I look at her and tears are drenching her face, but I know I look the same. I pull her into a hug and we stay like this for a while, until she starts to calm down. Happy walks away, giving us some privacy.

"Peter, how did you cope so well with your parents deaths?" Y/n asks.

"Y/n my parents died when I was 5. I barely even knew them." I say. She looks up at me and nods, before looking away again.

"You might think that you'll never get over it, and you won't, but you can start to move on. And Y/n I'm here for you every step of the way." I say.

"Promise?" She asks.

"Promise." I reply, snuggling with her once again.

"I really do you love you Peter Parker." She says, looking up at me.

"I love you too baby." I reply.

"Baby?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowed and a grin plastered on her face.

"You called me it first!" I say, raising my eyebrows smiling back at her.

"True." She giggles. She is so beautiful.