37| we'll just get thor to save us

Y/n's pov
We arrive in Prague and get escorted into the super posh hotel by some fancy men in suits. I stand in the huge reception area of the hotel, next to Betty.

"Wow, this place is so classy." Betty says to me.

"Yeah, so why are we here?" The girl who sat behind Pete and I on the bus replies to Betty. God why is she so annoying? Like she's done nothing too me, but she just irritates me.

"Speak for yourself. I'm home." Flash says, before returning to vlog on his phone. But like how does he have any fans? Like who watches his videos? And why?

"...Carnival of lights!" Mr. Harrington says pulling me out of my thoughts. I smile and chat to Betty about what we're going to wear. I know Fury made me and Peter come here to fight the fire elemental, but it's only one night...

Peter's pov
My phone rings so I walk away and pick up.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Parker, it's Hill. There's an earpiece with Y/n and your suits. Put in on and await further instructions. Understood?" Agent Hill says.

"Uh, yes, ma'am." I reply, before she hangs up.

I put my phone in my pocket and see Ned running towards me.

"Hey, man. Look, I am so sorry if I seem preoccupied with my relationship. You know, I'm still your guy in the chair." Ned says.

"No, no, it's all good. Don't worry about it." I reply, wanting to keep him out of danger this time. After Mr. Stark I've been a lot more paranoid. I don't want Ned getting hurt.

"So, what's the status on the whole Elemental thing? Where's it going to happen?" Ned asks.

"Uh, here in the city." I say, scratching the back of my head.

"Peter, we're here." Ned replies, wide eyed.

"I know, I know. It's not good. It's- I'm figuring it out. I've got some help." I say, quickly glancing over at Y/n who is laughing with Betty. How is she so beautiful when she laughs?

"You have to do something, Peter, please. We're all counting on you." Ned says. I sigh. Why do I have to be the hero? I'm not ready to save the world. I couldn't even save Mr. Stark, and he's only one person.

"Ned." Betty shouts pulling me out my thoughts. The class is now gathered around the teachers, so Ned and I head over to Y/n and Betty.

"The good news is, we've all got our own rooms." Mr. Harrington says, making everyone cheer. However, I stare off into space, anxious for the arrival of the final elemental.

Y/n's pov
Everyone starts to walk off to get their room keys, but Peter is standing by himself, staring off into the distance. A worried expression on his face.

"Hi... Are you okay?" I ask, placing my hand in his shoulder, my other hand holding the strap of my backpack.

"Yeah... I just... I, I... I don't wanna do this... I'm not ready." Peter admits, looking at the floor. A sad expression plastered on his face.

"I get it, I really do... but Pete, you are ready... and I hate to admit it but so am I... It's nearly been a year. It still hurts, and it won't stop hurting, but he'd be pissed if we backed out now. So the least we can do is try, and if it fails, so what!? We'll just get Thor to save us... but if we succeed. Imagine how proud he'd be of us." I say, holding Peter's face, wiping away his tears. He takes a deep breath, then looks up and smiles at me. I take my hands of his face and smile back at him.

"You're right." He says, grabbing my head and kissing it.

"You're right!" He repeats, running off to get his room key. This kids mood swings are worse than a pregnant lady's. Geez.