46| it's just insensitive

Peter's pov
I don't know if we'll be able to pull this off. The monster is incredibly strong. At least Y/n, Ned and Betty are now safe. I see Nick and Agent Hill pull up, with two more cars following them. I use my webs to chuck huge chunks of wall and stuff at the monster, while Beck uses his powers. It's going well, until Beck turns to me.

"Whatever happens. I'm glad we met." He says.

"What are you doing?!" I question, panicking. Please no, not again. Not another person.

"What I should've done last time." He says. He then uses all his power to destroy the monster. I'm about to swing over to help him but I hear Y/n.

"Don't Peter, it's too late." She says through the earpiece.

"Beck no!" I shout. The monster turns from orange to green, then explodes to nothing. He did it. He sacrificed himself. He is a true hero, and what should've have been the next Tony Stark. I see Beck laying on the floor and swing over to him.

"Mr. Beck?" I say turning him around to lay on his back. Suddenly he opens his eyes.

"Oh thank god." I say, pulling him to his feet. I turn to see Fury, Agent Hill and the rest of the Shield team walk over. I then see Y/n walk over from and alleyway. I run to her, embracing her in a hug.

Y/n's pov
"I was so worried about you." Peter says.

"Hey, I'm fine." I say pulling away, quickly putting my hands behind my back to the injuries. I don't want him to be even more anxious. We walk back over to the others.

"So, it's over?" Maria asks.

"That was the last of them." Beck replies.

"But not the last threat we'll ever face. We need to stay vigilant. There's a void in this world for someone like you. Hill and I are going to Europol headquarters in Berlin tomorrow. You should join us." Fury says to Beck, to which he agrees, shaking hands with Fury. Fury then walks over to Peter and I.

"You got gifts, Parker. But you didn't wanna be here." He says to Peter.

"Mr. Fury, I-" Peter begins but gets cut off.

"I'd love to have you in Berlin, too. But you've got to decide whether you're going to step up or not. Stark chose you. He made you an Avenger. I need that. The world needs that. Maybe Stark was wrong. Was he?" Fury says. Peter starts to tear up. Fury is so brutal when he wants something.

"Stop. I get you're trying to motivate him but the way you're doing it is wrong... Please don't use my late father as a 'motivation' method. It's just insensitive." I say, tearing up myself.

"The choice is yours." Fury says to Peter, avoiding eye contact with me. He begins to walk back to the cars, with the Shield team.

"Go fuck yourself Fury." I shout.