55| an abnormal shade of red

Y/n's pov
I am hanging out with Betty and Ned, as we are about to leave to go to our next destination: London, England. My phone starts ringing, I excuse myself from our conversation and pick up the phone.

"Hi Pete." I say, smiling to myself. He picked up so the plan must've gone well.

"Y/n, thank god you're alright. I-it all went wrong... I messed up. I need a ride... do you think Happy will give me one." Peter replies, sounding worried.

"Yeah, where are you?" I ask. I don't want to ask what happened because I know from his voice he doesn't want to talk about it. I hear him ask someone where he is, but clearly he has some issues with the pronunciation as the next thing I hear is a Dutch man.

"Hi, it's Broek op Langedijk." the friendly Dutch man says. I thank him, and he passes the phone back to Peter.

"Did you get that?" Peter asks.

"Yeah, you're in the Netherlands... I'm going to get Happy to pick me up before he gets to you." I say, knowing Peter will need me.

"Thank you." He whispers before hanging up. He is definitely upset, I just hope he isn't hurt.

✨✨✨

I'm in a quinjet with Happy on our way to get Peter. We arrive at a beautiful tulip field, quickly ruined by Happy landing straight onto it. The door opens and I immediately run out to Peter. I pull him into a tight hug.

"Hey baby, are you okay?" I ask, stroking his cheek.

"Y/n is it really you?" Peter asks, stepping away.

"Yes of course." I reply, about to hug him again.

"Stop! Tell me something only you would know!" He shouts.

"Um... remember at my Dad's funeral, when we were outside looking at the view, and Morgan came over and I was on your lap? Remember when she decided to expose my crush on you, and I went an abnormal shade of red, and I said she was lying, blaming it on her being 3? Cause I remember that very well... honestly I am still embarrassed by it today-" I say, but get cut off by Peter kissing me. I stiffen as I didn't see it coming, but quickly ease into it. I forgot how good of a kisser Peter is...

"Um... kids?" Happy coughs, making us break apart and look at him.

"Y/n explained a bit what was going on, but Peter you have to tell me what the hell is going on here." Happy says.

✨✨✨

I look away as Happy stitches up a wound on Peter's back.

"I would comfort you, but I am getting horrific flashbacks to when you stitched my hands up." I say, looking at the scars on my hands, gagging.

"Be quiet, I'm trying to focus." Happy demands, making me scoff.

"I thought you had super strength." Happy says, as Peter flinches in pain.

"It still hurts." Peter replies... Is he talking about the injuries or my Dad?

"It's alright baby just relax." I say, sitting next to him and playing with his hair. Peter yells in pain, slamming his fist onto the table, making me back off him.

"Relax!" Happy shouts. Peter stands up.

"Don't tell me to relax, Happy! How can I relax when I've messed up so bad? I trusted Beck. Right? I thought he was my friend so I gave him the only thing that Mr. Stark left behind for me and now he's going to kill my girlfriend, my friends and half of Europe. He trusted me to look after Y/n, yet she's never been in so much danger until she met me! So please do not tell me to relax." Peter yells. After a moment, Peter sits back down next to me, placing a hand on my thigh.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I shouldn't shout. I just really miss him." Peter apologises to both Happy and I.

"Yeah, I miss him too." Happy says. I stay quiet. I don't want to talk about this... not again.