1| it's gonna be okay

Y/n's pov
It still doesn't feel real, yet I can't stop crying. I think this is the first morning I've got through without having to restart my makeup from the tears ruining it.

I look at myself in the mirror. My black dress falls just above my mid thighs, my makeup light and my hair down. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, exhaling slowly. I reopen my eyes to see my Mom, Pepper Stark, walk into my room, through the reflection in the mirror.

"Hey darling, you look beautiful." She says, standing behind me and placing her hands on my shoulders, talking to me through the mirror.

"Thanks, you too." I reply quickly and quietly, looking to the floor. She kisses the side of my head.

"It's gonna be okay." She whispers into my ear, although the tears brimming her eyes tells me otherwise.

"Now let's do something with this hair." She says before picking up a brush off my table. She combs my hair, then ties it into a half up half down.

"Great, now everyone will be able to see me cry." I sigh, looking to the floor.

"Great, now everyone will be able to see your beautiful face, tear stained or not." She says, placing her hand on my cheek, forcing me to look at her. I smile at her, as best as possible. She returns the gesture.

"Can you check on Morgan for me. I need to help... set up." She says, as she leaves my room.

"Of course." I reply, taking one last look in the mirror and going to Morgan's room.

"Hey Morgie." I say, walking into my little sister's cuddly toy infested room.

"Hello Y/n... Pretty." She says, pointing at me. I give her a tight hug, then let go.

"Thank you, now let's get you ready." I say, tucking her hair behind her ear. I help her get her cute black dress and cardigan on, before tying her hair into two french plaits.

"Done?" She asks, sucking her thumb.

"Yep, now you're the pretty one." I say, smiling at how adorable she looks.

"Thanks Y/n... Where's Mommy?" She ask.

"She's just helping Happy downstairs." I explain.

"Where's Daddy?" She says. I take a deep breath. She's only 3, she doesn't really understand what's happening. I crouch down so I'm more level with her.

"Morgie, remember how Mommy and me told you that Daddy is... Dad's gone now?" I say, trying not to cry.

"Oh yeah, I forgot... When is he back?" She says cluelessly. Tears start to fall from my eyes. I try to hold them back, but it's almost impossible.

"He's not coming back." I say softly, my voice cracking. I bite my lip to stop it quivering.

"Hey Y/n, don't cry!" Morgan says, standing up and hugging me.

"Sorry, I'll try not to." I reply, wiping away my tears, smiling at Morgan before she runs off, presumably downstairs. I close my eyes, still crouching on the floor, using the chair Morgan was sat on to balance myself. I take deep breaths in and out. I open my eyes again looking at the ceiling to stop tears pouring out my eyes. Not another panic attack, please not another one.