38| preach

Y/n's pov
We stand in a makeshift Shield base, with Fury, Maria and Beck.

"That things going to be here in a few hours." Fury says then raises his eyebrows at Peter and I staring at him, not replying.

"Are we boring you?" He asks.

"Oh we're not bored, we just don't appreciate the fact you hijacked our vacation, KIDNAPPED us, then forced us to fight a monster that we didn't want to fight!" I say, then smile at him.

"Preach." Peter says. I turn to him and try not to laugh. Preach? Seriously Peter, that's all you had to say.

"To be fair, you did kidnap them." Beck says, making me nod.

"They had obstacles. I removed them." Fury says, making my jaw drop.

"WE DIDN'T WANT THE OBSTACLES REMOVED, WE LIKED THE OBSTACLES!" I say, loudly.

"PREACH." Peter says again, but the same volume as me. I shake my head at him, but he smiles innocently at me, making me laugh.

"Anyways, they still won't evacuate the city." Maria cuts in.

"Idiots. So what's the plan, Parker?" Fury groans.

"I will be in the Cathedral tower with Y/n keeping watch for the fire monster. When that shows up, Y/n will radio you guys, and then Mr. Beck and I will-" Peter explains but gets cut off.

"My name is Mysterio." He says to Peter then gives me a playful look, making me laugh under my breath.

"That's when Mysterio and I will move in." Peter continues.

"Peter, listen to me. The best hope you have, the only hope, is to stop it here and now, no matter what the cost. Keep it away from civilians if you can, but, most important, keep it away from metal. If it gets too big, it'll be able to draw power from the Earth's core. After that, there's no way to stop it. Y/n since you're on lookout, make sure it has no reason get bigger. Keep us informed." Beck says. Woah he sounds more professional and serious than any of the avengers. Who am I kidding, non of the avengers are serious...

"Hey, man, our friends are here? And I can't help but think we're putting them in danger-" Peter says to Fury. I nod, agreeing.

"You're worried about us hurting your friends? You? Who called a drone strike on your own school tour bus? Stark gave you a multi-billion dollar AR tactical intelligence system and the first thing you do with it is try and blow up your friends." Fury says.

"Technically that was Y/n." Peter says. What a bitch, just expose me like that, why don't you.

"Technically Peter told me to say Brad was a target!" I reply, mimicking Peter by saying technically.

"I don't care which one of you it was, it's clear to me that neither of you were ready for this!" Fury says, before leaving the room. Maria gives us a sympathetic half smile, following him out the room. Peter and I share a look, maybe we messed up a bit... okay, a lot.