5| tony stark our hero

Y/n's pov
"No! When did Dad tell you that?" I ask Morgan, embarrassed.

"When we eated juice pops." Morgan says, her incorrect grammar making it impossible to be annoyed at her, even for exposing me to Peter. I laugh, although it's obviously fake.

"Why don't you go back to Mommy." I suggest, trying to get rid of Morgan before she says anything else.

"Okay. Bye Y/n and Y/n's boyfriend!" She says, skipping off into the house. I finally make eye contact with Peter, who is also blushing.

"She's 3, she likes making stuff up." I say awkwardly. Peter nods and smirks.

"What's that face for." I ask, giving him a slight death glare.

"Oh, nothing." He lies. I shake my head then sit down next to him once again. We sit in a comfortable silence yet again, this time for a longer while... Both of us trapped in our own thoughts.

"Thank you." I say, looking at him.

"What for." He asks, looking back at me.

"Making me smile on a day where I didn't think I could." I whisper, looking away.

"That's okay." He replies, placing his hand on my thigh, giving it a squeeze before standing up. He stands in front of me, putting his hand out. I take it, and he helps me up. He opens the door for me and we head inside, joining the others. Sharing occasional glances at each other.

✨✨✨

The funeral was coming to an end, meaning it was my turn to speak. Lots of people had shared these incredible heartfelt speeches, making the one I wrote seem like utter shit. My Mom places her hand on my shoulder.

"Cutie pie, it's your turn." She says, giving me a smile through her tear stained face. I smile at her calling me 'cutie pie'. That's what Dad calls me...

I walk up to the front. All eyes are on me. I start breathing heavily, my anxiety taking over. I close my eyes to calm myself down, but it doesn't work... I swallow my nerves, knowing if I don't speak now, I'll never be able to. Peter gives me a smile, and mouths "You've got this". I know it wasn't much, but it calms me down. I take a breath then begin:
"It means so much that everyone could be here today, it really does... We are here to mourn my Dad's passing, but more importantly celebrate his incredible life... I spent hours thinking of what to say, but now I'm up here, my original speech just isn't how I want to say goodbye. So hopefully my improv skills aren't too bad... When I last saw him, before he left to save the universe, he said goodbye to me, but I told him to say see you later, cause saying goodbye meant he wouldn't return. Know I come to think about it, deep down he knew he wasn't gonna come home, I think he knew all along what he had to do... I wish I said goodbye then, cause now I'll never get to say it to his face. Instead I have to try let him go, when saying goodbye meant he would go without me feeling this pain over the lack of- of closure I guess... So I guess this speech is my goodbye... There's so much more depressing stuff I could say, but I know he wouldn't want me to, also Morgan would probably fall asleep... Happy probably would too." I joke, making the tearful avengers laugh.

"So I'm gonna keep the rest short and sweet. He meant everything to me, and he always will. He made such a huge impact on my life... on everyones lives, and I can't stand here and lie to you saying things will go back to normal. Cause they simply can't. It's impossible. But if I know my Dad, which I do too well, he'll want us to push forward and move on. After being depressed and mourn over him for a reasonable amount of time of course. What can I say? That's Tony Stark for you... Tony Stark our hero. Goodbye Dad, I love you." I say that last bit to the sky, hoping he is looking down at us from heaven.