43| wait is my mic on

Y/n's pov
I'm sitting down next to Betty and MJ, and the curtain rises. I look back to check Peter's gone then stand up to follow him out. Does he really think I'm going to let him fight that monster without me? I think not.

"Where are you going?" MJ asks.

"Peter said he wasn't feeling well and that he'd be okay, but I think I'll stay with him to make sure he's fine." I lie. I rush past Betty and Ned, speed walking to the exit. Little did I know Betty and Ned would follow me out.

✨✨✨

I am now in my suit. It is a tight, long sleeve, black crop top, black lycra shorts, a black mask around my eyes, a belt with some cool gadgets in and that's it. I tie my hair into a ponytail so the mask straps can wrap around my head, the braids from the half up half down hairstyle making the ponytail look cool. I have my same black trainers on from earlier.

I climb up the watch tower stairs and when I get to the top, Peter is in his new suit, crouching on the edge. I duck down so Peter can't see me. I see his backpack and put my dress in it.

"How's the suit?" I hear Fury ask Peter through the earpiece.

"The suits great. It's awesome... it's a little tight around the old web shooter-" Peter says.

"Parker." Fury says.

"Okay I'll shut up." Peter says, making me laugh.

"Y/n?" I hear Peter say.

"Wait is my mic on?" I ask.

"Yes Miss Stark." Fury says. I turn my mic off then stand up as Peter walks over to me, taking off his mask.

"I thought I asked you to stay at the opera." Peter says.

"You did what? Peter I thought we-" Fury begins, but we both take our earpiece out.

"I was gonna stay, but then I was like, why would I stay and watch a 4 hour opera when I can fight a fricken monster!" I say. Peter chuckles but quickly resorts to his worried face.

"Okay but you're staying as lookout, no fighting."
Peter says.

"Okay." I say.

"I thought that would take more convincing." Peter says.

"Honestly same." I reply, making Peter laugh.

"Now go kick some weird fire monster ass." I say. Peter smiles and we fist bump. He then puts his mask on, going back to his original position on the edge of the watch tower. I go to the opposite side of the tower to look out.

I see some sort of lava thing start to come up from the ground by a statue.

"Um guys the floor is lava, like literally." I say. Maria and Fury start talking about it, as the lava rises up the statue. Everyone begins screaming and running. The statue explodes to reveal the fire elemental.

"Oh shit." I say.

"Oh shit indeed, Stark." Fury replies.