3| it's a bit overwhelming

Y/n's pov
The doorbell rings, allowing me to escape the talk about my late father.

"I'll get it." I say, eagerly. My Mom nods, then I walk over to the door. I open it to see a boy who I've become fond of over the past 5 years, and his gorgeous aunt. The boy doesn't know me, but my Dad told me all about him when I asked who it was in the picture frame, on our kitchen shelf.

Flashback
"Hey Dad who is this?" I say, passing over a picture frame of him and a teenage boy at Stark Industry's.

"Cutie pie, that is a 16 year old boy called Peter Parker." He says smiling at me. I giggle at the nickname 'cutie pie'. He's called me that since I was born.

"Peter Parker, that's a catchy name." I grin.

"Yeah, yeah it is." He says, his smile fading when he takes the frame out of my hands.

"Was he was taken by the blip?" I ask, to which I receive a nod.

"He was such a good kid, I feel like it was my fault... He's lost so much throughout his life, so protecting him was one of my main priorities... After you and your Mom of course." He chuckles.

"And my little sister in a few months." I add on, making him nod. My Mom is pregnant with my sister. I'm so excited to have a little sister!

"Why were you so fond of him, What was he like?" I say changing the subject back to Peter Parker. He then tells me all about Peter Parker. That's when my little crush on him began.
End of Flashback

"Hi, y-you must be Y/n." Peter says, pulling me into a hug. I stiffen not expecting a hug, but soon ease into it. Peter has clearly also been crying since the tragic day.

"Hi Peter Parker... My Dad talked about you a lot... He really loved you." I say, pulling out the hug. Peter bites his lip, trying to hold back anymore tears from falling. I smile as best as possible at him, in hopes to make him smile. It works; Peter smiles back, wiping the away the tear I didn't know escaped my eye. We stare into each other's eyes, before a voice snaps us back into reality.

"Hey hun, I'm Peter's aunt, May... I'm so sorry for your loss." May says, pulling me in a hug.

"Hi, thank you... You can head through, they're all there." I say, motioning to the people around the couch. She smiles and goes over to them. I walk out the door then look behind at Peter who is still standing in the same spot, looking back at me, instead of going to everyone else.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"I'm getting some fresh air... Seeing everyone, it's a bit overwhelming." I admit, looking to the ground.

"Can I join?" He asks, hope in his eyes. I can tell he's also not ready to interact with people just yet.

"Sure." I reply.