36| baby mountain goats

Y/n's pov
"Oh shit." Peter whispers. Before I can ask what's happening he webs the steering wheel, causing it to swerve and miss a bullet fired from the drone.

"Oh shit." I repeat. The bus begins to swerve even more to avoid incoming bullets. I grab Peter's arm, as he continues to steer using his webs.

"Edith." Peter says, but the glasses are gone. I quickly stand up and go down some stairs to retrieve the glasses. I chuck the glasses to Peter, who catches them and puts them back on.

"Y/n get your ass in that seat and buckle up right now." Mr. Dell says, making me realise I need to create a distraction. I point out the window on the side of the bus that Peter isn't on and fake gasp.

"Look at the baby mountain goats!" I say.

"Baby mountain goats?! Ooh!" Mr. Harrington says, excitedly. Everyone immediately runs to look out the window. I feel Peter grab my waist, lifting me up to move me out the way, before placing me back down. I look up to see him out the emergency hatch in the roof. My jaw drops as he lands back on the floor, the drone destroyed. How did he do all that so fast! What the hell. He smiles at me, panting. I look at his messy, windswept hair. He looks hot.

"Don't see any mountain goats." Mr. Harrington says as the class turn back round to face us.

"Uh huh, they were so cute weren't they." I say, distracted by how hot Peter looks.

"You missed them." Peter says, covering for me.

"I know you think none of us have noticed, Peter." Betty says, making Peter, Ned and I exchange worried looks. She saw, she frickin saw.

"What?" Peter asks nervously.

"But your new look? I love it. Right Y/n?" Betty says. We all breathe... that was a close one.

"It's very hot..." I say, making Betty smile wide at me, Ned's eyes pop out his head and Peter hide his smile.

"Hot, um because he looks like he's been running. Yeah, that." I smile awkwardly. There is a silence but everyone returns back to their conversations. I quickly return back to my seat, collapsing onto it.

"Okay let's try that again." Peter says, sitting back down next to me. I nod, and then Peter tells Edith to delete the photo, which she does successfully, because when I look back Brad has a confused expression on his face. I smile turning back to Peter. We fist bump then lean back in our chairs, relieved. We both close our eyes to have a nap, after the crazy bus journey we've had so far.

"Ow!" Flash says, making both Peter and I jolt up to look at him. We see Flash holding his cheek, looking confused, making us laugh. I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing, and place my hand over Peter's mouth to muffle his loud laughs. We stay in this position, until Flash shrugs and goes on his phone. I'm about to take my hand off, but Peter licks my hand. I immediately remove my hand from his mouth.

"Pete that's gross!" I say, giggling and wiping my hand on his jumper. Peter chuckles and then smiles at me. I smile back at him before returning to my nap.