32| even dead i'm the hero

Y/n's pov
"Hey, man. Are you sure you're good?" Peter asks Ned as we leave the hotel with our class.

"Oh, dude, I'm fine. Getting tranq'd in the neck by Nick Fury is probably the coolest thing to ever happen to me." Ned chuckles, making us laugh.

"I'm just happy I don't have to go to Prague." Peter sighs.

"Yeah same, I would be third wheeling with Ned and Betty the rest of the trip." I scoff.

"Seriously." Ned replies, and I innocently laugh.

"Good news! We're going to Prague!" Mr. Harrison says, cutting me off. My eyes open wide and I look to Peter to see if I'm just imagining things.

"What?" Peter gulps, but it is barely audible over all the students asking questions. The teachers explain what 'happened' and everyone starts getting excited about the spontaneous trip plans.

✨✨✨

"I think Nick Fury just hijacked our summer vacation." Peter says as we stare at the upgraded ride.

"He totally hijacked our summer vacation." I repeat.

Everyone rushes on the huge bus. When I pass our driver, Dimitri, he winks at me. I laugh, shaking my head. I knew Fury would do something like this. This is just such a Fury thing to do.

✨✨✨

I'm sat next to Peter at the front of the bus, as we were last to get on. I see Flash harassing Dimitri, making me laugh. I look at Peter who is on his phone. I take a sneaky look and see him reading an article about the top 10 romantic places in Prague. I forgot about that... He must of seen me take a look cause he turned his phone off. I then see him take the glasses case out his bag. I lean my head on his shoulder, looking at the message in the case.

"For the next Tony Stark, I trust you. P.S. say "Edith" -TS." Peter reads aloud. The glasses light up as soon as he says Edith.

"Weren't these for you? He thinks you're the next Tony Stark, not me." Peter asks holding the case out for me to take.

"Peter, he knew I wouldn't take them... they're yours." I say taking the glasses out the case. I open them and place them on Peter's face. He smiles, adjusting them slightly.

"Cute." I say, scrunching my nose and smiling at Peter.

"Stand by for retinal and biometric scan. Retinal and biometric scan accepted." I hear Edith say. Peter looks at me unsure. I nod at him, implying or him to say something.

"Hello?" Peter says.

"Hello, Peter. I am EDITH, Tony Stark's augmented-reality security and defense system." Edith replies. She then tells Peter more about herself.

"EDITH stands for "Even dead, I'm the hero." Tony loves his acronyms." Edith says, making me and Peter laugh.

"Yeah, he did." Peter chuckles. Peter then tells me Edith is showing people's phone screens to him. Peter tells me all the good ones since I can't see the screen in the glasses. We have fun doing this until the bus comes to a stop.