39| you'll have all summer to kill brad

Peter's pov
Y/n and I are sitting alone on a rooftop, our legs hanging off the edge. We sit in a comfortable silence, the city noises filling the quiet. Mr. Beck flies up towards us.

"Look, Fury asked me to come up here and see how you were doing. He just, he felt bad about snapping at you both." He explained, looking between us.

"Really?" I ask. I can't believe Nick Fury felt bad, that's so unlike him.

"Sarcasm Pete, he's being sarcastic." Y/n sighs.

"I'm going to the hotel, I'll see you later." Y/n says quietly before walking away. She seems off... I'm guessing she also saw the mural for Tony Stark on the building across from us.

"How you feeling?" Mysterio says, sitting where Y/n was.

"I didn't think I was gonna have to save the world this summer. I know that makes me sound like such a jerk. I just... I had this plan with this girl that I really like, and...now it's all ruined." I say, glancing behind me to where Y/n is leaving through a door. I think Mr. Beck notices cause he raises his eyebrows at me, smiling. I just look away quickly.

"You're not a jerk for wanting a normal life, kid. It's a hard path. You see things, you do things... Make choices. People look up to you... Even if you win a battle sometimes, they die. I like you, Peter. You're a good kid. There's a part of me that wants me to tell you, just... turn around, run away from all this. And then, there's another part of me that knows what we're about to fight. What's at stake. And I'm glad you're here." He says to me.

"Me, too. But..." I begin to say.

"You're worried about your friends." He says, finishing my sentence.

"Yeah. I just always feel like I'm putting them in danger. I don't want them to get hurt, especially Y/n." I sigh.

"Look, just... Get them inside and keep them in a safe place, for just a few hours. It'll be all right. And Y/n, she's got you looking after her. She's tough, she'll be okay." He reassures me.

"It's really nice... to have somebody to talk to about, superhero stuff, you know?" I say looking at him.

"Anytime. And hey... We survive this, you'll have all summer to kill Brad." He jokes, making me chuckle.

"See you out there." I say, leaving. Maybe if I run I'll catch up to Y/n.

"Alright." He says, before I jump off the building, landing on some stairs in front of Y/n.

"Jesus fuck!" She screams.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you." I say.

"Oh Pete it's just you." Y/n says, one hand on her heart and one on my shoulder. We laugh and start walking back to the hotel. I put the Edith glasses on then wrap my arm around Y/n.

"Hey! Uh... I need to find out a way to keep my friends inside for the next few hours." I ask Edith.

"Dude she's not Siri." Y/n laughs.

"She practically is... if Siri could make drones appear and shoot Brad whenever I ask." I laugh, making Y/n giggle.