4| i miss him

Y/n's pov
Peter and I are sitting on the bench on the back porch, our legs just touching. We sit in silence, just looking at the still surroundings. Everything is so perfect...Why can't it be cliché and raining? Why can't it be miserable like I am?

"The weathers nice." Peter says, breaking the peaceful silence.

"I know... I hate it." I laugh, he agrees and we return to silence. We stay like this for a while until I get the courage to ask him what I've wanted to ask someone since my Dad died.

"This is a long shot but did you see him... before, well... you know." I say, biting my lip, not moving my gaze from straight ahead at the lake. He looks away, then at me.

"Yeah." His voice breaks.

"Did he say anything about me? I was going to ask my Mom, but I-I didn't because I wasn't sure how she would react." I gulp.

"That's understandable, and he did say something about you, but it was only um, to me. He told me to look after you and never let you get hurt, because you are the most important person to him and that he wouldn't know what to do if you did get hurt... Oh and also if I ever hurt you, he would come back from the dead and kill me." Peter says, tears brimming his eyes, but slightly chuckling at the last part. I then start to laugh, as tears stream out my eyes.

"How does he still joke when he's about to die?" I roll my eyes, slightly smiling, then look up at the sky, towards him.

"It's Tony Stark." Peter answers, making me nod. My smile, if it even counts as that, fades and I'm left with a tear stained face. I look at my lap, taking a deep breath.

"I miss him... I miss him so much." I cry. Peter then pulls me onto his lap, embracing me in a tight hug. I sob into his shoulder, hugging him back.

"I know, me too." Peter says as strongly as possible, though I can tell he is crying too.

Peter's pov
I hug Y/n in hopes of calming her down... Putting her on my lap was just an immediate reaction. I cradle her and kiss the top of her head. I try to stay strong... for Y/n, even though I'm hurting inside. Mr. Stark is yet another person I've lost... Why do I keep losing the people I love. Why?

"Y/n I thought I said don't cry." I hear Morgan say. I look up and see her in front of us.

"Sorry Morgie I cant help it." Y/n say, wiping away her tears and looking at Morgan.

"That's okay... Is that your boyfriend? Daddy said you like him!" Morgan says, pointing at me. Y/n immediately blushes and gets off my lap. I feel my cheeks start to heat up. Y/n is avoiding eye contact with me. I try not to smile, although it's very difficult not to. So Y/n likes me...