22| we are best friends after all

Peter's pov
We arrive at a run down hotel. Classic MidTown budgets.

"Looks like we're here. They're doing some renovations to the place. Getting some upgrades." Mr. Harrington says entering the building. Everyone groans and says it's trash. Which, to be fair, it is. Inside the two teachers assign our rooms. I'm with Ned, phew.

"Okay everybody. Drop your bags off and we're gonna meet at the Da Vinci museum at 3. Let's go!" Mr. Dell announces and we spilt off to our rooms. We drop our bags off and head to sightseeing.

Betty and Ned are getting a drawing done of them. MJ and Brad are feeding the pigeons and taking photos. Ugh, what does MJ see in him? I'm way better... Maybe if I do the same things with Y/n then MJ will get jealous. Okay good plan Pete let's go.

"Wanna feed the pigeons?" I ask Y/n. She smiles and gets some seeds so the birds sit on her.

"Okay say cheese." I say taking a picture. Suddenly loads of birds start flying at me and Y/n so we run away until we loose the pigeons. We then burst out laughing. Y/n is so pretty when she laughs.

"Can you get my inhaler out my bag?" Y/n breathes heavily, pointing at her backpack.

"Oh yeah, sure." I say unzipping her bag and passing it to her. She takes a few pumps then I put it back into her bag. Is it weird I think her having an inhaler is cute? Yes, yes it is Peter. What the hell.

"What's the time?" I ask.

"2. We still have an hour before we have to meet at the museum." She replies, putting her phone back in her pocket.

"Ooo, that means we have time to go to the jewellery store so I can get MJ's necklace." I say.

"Oh." Y/n sighs.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"It's just... Peter you're my best friend so that's why I'm telling you this... I don't really like helping you with the MJ plan." She admits, looking at the floor.

"Why?" I question her weird behaviour.

"I just don't okay!" She snaps. I'm taken aback at Y/n raising her voice. She's usually so quiet and shy.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I say, realising why she doesn't like the MJ plan.

"No I'm sorry, lets go get that murder flower glass necklace thing." She says, trying to joke, even though I know she's actually upset. We go to the shop in silence because we are both deep in thought. I can't believe I was oblivious to Y/n liking me. It all makes sense now. I know Mr. Stark said she did, but I assumed that those feelings went away. If I knew she liked me before I would never of come up with this stupid plan and asked her for help like a dick. I feel so terrible. However, now I know Y/n actually does likes me, as Mr. Stark said, so I can create a new plan to tell her how I feel. If I'm being honest I only ever starting liking MJ because I didn't think Y/n would ever like me in that way. We are best friends after all.

Y/n's pov
I wish I could tell Peter how I feel. But I'm not ready for the humiliation yet. I wish he could just realise I like him without me having to say anything. But he's Peter, so I don't think he'll ever realise unless I tell him. But he would never reciprocate the feelings anyways. We are best friends after all.