23| boh

Y/n's pov
We walk into the small shop, the bell dinging as the door opens and closes.

"Buongiorno." The shopkeeper says, to which we say it back. I look around at the different jewellery and glass in the shop, while Peter is at the front desk getting MJ's Black Dahlia necklace. I pick up a gold butterfly necklace with clear blue glass creating the wings. I hold it up to the light and the colours shine through onto my face.

"That necklace looks pretty." Peter says, making me jump.

"Oh, um yeah its really beautiful." I say placing it back on the hook that's attached to the wall. Peter smiles at me and I give him a smile back, although mine is fake.

"MJ just walked past, I'll go outside and distract her so she doesn't come in." I say. I'm not lying, MJ did just walk past but I'm not going to distract her, but to escape from Peter. I just don't feel the same around him. It hurts whenever I'm with him... when he smiles at me I feel my heart break even more knowing he likes another girl. I quickly walk out.

"Thanks." I hear Peter say just before the door closes.

"Hi MJ." I say fairly loudly so she can hear me. She looks over, smiles then walks over to me. We stand together outside the shop.

"Hey Y/n, I thought you were with Peter." She asks.

"I am, he's just in there getting one of those spoons with the glass handles." I lie. He's gonna be so embarrassed when she asks him about it. I can picture his bright red face already. Its not my fault, I'm just distracting MJ.

"I knew he was still gonna collect spoons." She laughs, making me laugh thinking back to that lesson where Peters nickname of Grandma was created.

"Oh yeah, I found the most perfect word in the world... Boh!" MJ says out of no where.

"Boh?.. What does it mean?" I ask.

"Thats the thing, it can mean a million things. It can mean I dont know, get out of my face, I dont know and get out of my face. Its the best thing Italy ever created, except for maybe espresso." She says, as Peter walks out the shop, holding a small gold gift bag.

"Ah, I see the spoon with a glass handle was a success." MJ says, making me giggle at the confused looking Peter. He nods despite not knowing what she's talking about. Oh, I thought he'd be more embarrassed, considering his crush thinks he collects spoons.

"So you've been drinking expresso?" He asks and MJ nods.

"Boh!" She shouts making Peter jump. She has definitely been drinking expresso's, she is so hyper.

"What does that mean?" I hear Peter say. I look up and they start walking away next to each other. I walk behind them because the path is too narrow for three. This is great! I'm becoming the third wheel already.