6| pinky promise

Y/n's pov
My Mom places the wreath with Dad's first arc reactor on, framed with the words 'proof that Tony Stark has a heart', into the lake. Everyone at the intermediate funeral stands in silence for the fallen hero.

Everyone starts to go back inside after a bit. Mom and I are the last two standing at the lake side. I hear her start to cry again. I cry at my heartbroken Mom, and pull her into a tight hug. She shakily breathes, then pulls out the hug to look at me. She gently wipes my tears away with her thumbs, smiling at me.

"That was an incredible speech darling. A really great final goodbye." She says, kissing my head, then placing her arm around me. We walk towards the back door, but I stop just outside it, on the porch.

"I'll come in a bit. I just want to stay out here for a little while longer." I say, trying not to break down again over my heartbroken Mom.

"Okay darling. Love you." She says going inside.

"Love you more." I reply, making her turn around.

"That's not possible." She says, going in and closing the door behind her. I sigh and look out to the lake, from the fencing on the porch.

"Miss Stark that was really beautiful." I hear a deep voice say from next to me. I look up to see Nick Fury.

"Haven't seen you in a while." I smile at him.

"Missed me." He chuckles.

"No... I'm just kidding. How could I not miss my favourite one time baby sitter." I laugh.

"Yeah let's not bring my bad babysitting up again... Gosh how you've grown since then. How old were you? Like 10?" He asks.

"Yeah, it was a year before the blip. God that was ages ago." I say, to which he nods. We fall into a comfortable silence.

"I've got to ask, will you consider becoming a proper avenger now? You're great in combat, I know you are. And you're smart, can handle weapons, and you've got Stark blood running through you for gods sake!" He says changing the subject.

"I really can't talk about this right now, but I'll think about it... I promise." I say.

"Pinkie promise?" He says jokily, holding his pinkie up for me to interlock.

"Shut up." I say, slapping his hand down, trying to hide my smile. He laughs and pats my back before going inside. I eventually follow him in and go to Peter, who is sitting on the stairs by himself, looking at pictures of my family hung up on the wall.

"Why is everyone so happy?" Peter whispers, clearly in anguish over my Dad.

"Because we all know that's what he would of wanted." I smile at Peter. He nods and looks at his feet, still looking sad.

"Come with me, I want to show you something." I say leading him to the kitchen. We get there and see Morgan and Happy getting fruit pops.

"Caught red handed." I say making both of them jump.

"Don't tell your mother, let's go agent Morgan." Happy says, running off with Morgan. He's a really great father figure for Morgan, especially now she has no Dad.

I giggle slightly at the two, then go to the shelving by the window. I pick up the frame of Peter and my Dad and smile at it. I then turn around to Peter and hold the frame out. He looks at me confused but takes the frame. When he looks at the picture tears form in his eyes. Happy tears.

"He really admired you Peter, and so do I. You've gone through so much trauma, yet you're the bravest person I know... You stay happy and positive constantly, it's so heartwarming knowing there are kind people like you out there." I say. Peter then looks at me and pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you." He whispers. He lets go of me, then passes me the frame.

"You have it. It's yours." I smile, pushing it back towards him. He smiles at me, then at the picture in his hands.