41| peter you look pretty too

Y/n's pov
"What?" I finally ask Peter, after he's been staring at me, but saying anything.

"You- you look beautiful." He says looking at me, still holding my arms. I blush. Peter's called me pretty before, but never beautiful.

"Not that you don't always look beautiful, cause you do. You are beautiful all the ti-" Peter rambles, but I cut him off.

"Thank you." I smile, trying not scream of happiness. Peter thinks I'm beautiful.

"You look really handsome." I say, straightening out his collar.

"Thank you." He replies.

We stare into each others eyes. All I can think about is kissing him right now.

Peter's pov
I could kiss her right now... I want to kiss her right now. Just do it Peter, the plan was messed up already. I lean in, so does Y/n. I close my eyes when our lips are almost touching.

"Stark, Parker, do you copy? Testing 1-2." Agent Hill says through the ear piece we both have on. We both pull away in shock from the sudden noise. Why now? I was so close to kissing Y/n.

"Yeah." Y/n answers Agent Hill, looking to the ground. Y/n walks past me to go to the door.

"Y/n-" I say, grabbing her hand and turning her around.

"Let's go downstairs." She says, cutting me off. Why is she acting like that didn't just happen? Did she not want to kiss? Did she want to kiss? Why are girls so hard to read?

✨✨✨

Y/n's pov
"Okay here we are." Mr. Harrington says as we enter the practically empty opera house.

"Lucky for us, we got the best seats in the house." He says to our class.

"Let's go." Mr. Dell says and everyone follows.

"Hey, I'll save you a seat." Brad says to MJ. I walk up to MJ, standing next to her. I smirk at her, after hearing Brad say he'll save a seat for her.

"Stop." She laughs, making me giggle.

"Hey, you two... shush." An old man says to us.

"Sorry." I apologise. Then turn back to MJ.

"We weren't even loud." MJ laughs, but that laugh soon stops when the old man gives us a death glare.

"Are you two disrespecting your elders?" Peter jokily asks, standing next to me. He places his hand around my waist, holding me tightly. I try not to show a reaction to it, although inside I am so freaking out.

"Peter, just because you're still salty that we called you a grandma." I reply, making MJ laugh, soon after Peter too. We stand at the back of the opera house, looking at our class get to their seats, still complaining.

"You look really pretty." Peter says to MJ, trying to be friendly and breaking the silence.

"Yeah, you look gorgeous MJ." I agree.

"Therefore I have value." She replies. I look at Peter wide eyed, a worried expression on my face.

"No, that's not what I meant at all." Peter replies quickly. I nod agreeing.

"We were just-" I begin.

"I was just messing with you." She interrupts me. Why would she give us full on heart attacks like that. Peter and I laugh awkwardly.

"Thank you." MJ says to both of us, then she looks to me.

"You look really gorgeous too." She says to me.

"Oh and Peter you look pretty too." She says, making me stifle a laugh.

"Thank you?" Peter whispers.