27| he's no spider-man

Peter's pov
I stand away from the group, on the phone to May as she asks if I want to go home.

"No, no, no, no. We wanna stay. We wanna stay." I say, as she also asks about Y/n.

"It's a good thing I packed your suit, huh. I can't believe you forgot it.." May says.

"Yeah." I sigh.

"So, who was that guy you were with? Was that Mister Strange?" May asks, making me mentally face palm.

"Doctor Strange, May. Doctor Strange. And, ummm... No. I don't know who that was. He was a new guy. I was trying to help him, but..." I reply, but get cut off by May talking to... Happy?!

"Happy's there?" I ask, although I don't really want to know the answer.

"Yeah. It's Happy. He's here. He came by to volunteer. And, he's hanging around the office. And he wants to say hi." May says.

"Hey Peter." I hear Happy on the other end, not seeming so excited to talk to me.

"Hey, Happy..." I say, but in my mind I'm hoping him and May aren't dating. We have a short conversation before May is back on the phone.

"So, uhh, how's the plan going?" May ask, presumably trying to move my mind off killing Happy.

"Well, about the plan... It's kinda changed to a plan for Y/n." I say quietly, just in case anyone hears.

"Finally! You like Y/n. She has had a crush on you for a while!" May shouts, making me go deaf in one ear.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"I can tell, the way she acts when she's around you. She really likes you Pete." May replies, making me smile.

"I've got to go May, love you. Bye." I say, as Y/n walks over.

"Bye!" She replies, hanging up.

Y/n's pov
"Wait that was May? Next time she calls let me know so I can say hi." I say to Peter, who smiles. I smile back, he is so handsome. How???

"Who is that guy?" Betty says. Are they still talking about that guy? I move from opposite Peter to next to him, now facing the group of students.

"He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one." Brad exclaims.

"He's alright. He's no Spider-Man." Flash scoffs. I nod in agreement.

"What is it with you two and Spider-Man?" MJ says to Flash and I.

"What? He's just awesome, okay? He protects the neighbourhood, and you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man." Flash says, everyone hides their laughs, but then look to me for my answer.

"Hot. Very very hot." I say, falling into yet another daydream about Spider-Man. Peter laughs then places his hand on my lower back, walking towards the group. Now my daydream is most definitely about Peter.

"'Sup dickwad? I thought you drowned." Flash says, to which I give him the middle finger. Peter rolls his eyes and does an annoyed smile at Flash.

"Whatever." Flash says, turning back around to the TV that everyone is staring at.

"So, Paris tomorrow... meet me at the Eiffel Tower." Peter says, and I nod. I'm guessing it's to do with the MJ plan.

"Me and you are gonna have the best day ever." Peter says, making me confused.

"Why are you doing your confused face?" Peter asks.

"Oh, it's just I thought you were asking MJ out in Paris." I say quietly.

"And put her before my best friend? Anyways, the plans changed a bit. There's someone else now." He says looking away towards our class. Brilliant, he likes another girl. I don't know how though. Me and MJ are his only girl friends. Maybe he started talking to someone on the trip. I sigh and smile at Peter, at least he wants to spend the day with me I guess.