Chapter 1

(If you saw me re-upload the chapters, it's not a rewrite, it's because my friend found the account and I panicked and unpublished this lmao)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was slumped against the table, close to dozing off. I suddenly sprung up as a sharp ding sounded from the elevator, and the doors opened. I looked upon a small crowd, and immidetly felt more relaxed. Thank goodness I'm early. I decided to appreciate it while it lasted, since I knew it would fill up with hundreds of applicants soon.

I sluggishly walked in, feeling awkward as everybody stared at me with tension. Suddenly, a short green thing stepped into my path.

"Hello! My name is Bean! Please take this badge and wear it for the rest of the exam!" Bean extended his arm, holding the badge, waiting for me to take it. I mumbled a quick thank you, and took it from him. I flipped it over to find the number 27.

Hm.. not bad. I only shrugged at the number carelessly. I quickly pinned it to my baggy shirt, and walked further into the room.

I immidietly headed for the wall, searching for a nice secluded place to sit. I was delighted to find many vacant spots along the wall, and stood in an empty area. My peace was cut short by a chubby man with the badge number 16, trotting up to me. Aw man.. I was just about to sit down too. I mentally whined.

"Hey I'm Tonpa!" Nice to meet you!" The weird dude smiled, waiting for me to respond. I yawned, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"Hi, I guess. I'm Korudo." I decided to be polite. I'm not trying to stir up trouble just yet, as tempting as that sounds.

"You should be careful being a rookie! The more experienced applicants can get a little competitive!" Tonpa laughed as he started digging through his bag. I didn't question the fact he knew I was a rookie. I didn't feel like sitting through some weird explanation. I sighed. When will he just leave me alone?

"Here! You should be thirsty after trying to get here. Have some juice. Think of it like a token of our new friendship!" Tonpa finally stopped digging through his bag and pulled out a can of juice. I just looked at it before looking back at him.

"No thanks." I politely declined. He looked taken a back for a second, before plastering a smile on his face. He once again gestured to the juice, practically shoving it in my face.

"Come on, just a sip won't hurt! I want my new friend to be refreshed. Just take it." He continued rambling. Damn he's persistent.

"Nah. I'm good." I only shook my head.

"Why not?" He questioned, his arm faltering. His face was now contorted into one of confusion and... anger? Huh... Whatever.

"Because we're not friends." I bluntly stated before taking my hands out of my pockets. I slowly pushed his hand away. He glared at me.

"Welp, I'm just going to go now." I spun around on my heel, and headed for a corner. I heard Tonpa grunting in frustration behind me. Damn he really sounds like he's taking a shit.

I plopped onto the ground, observing the applicants inside. The numbers quickly grew, there was probably about 100 people now.

The only thing helping me pass the time was watching Tonpa go around to each of the rookies and desperately try and give them his juice. It was quite funny watching him fail. The room was filled at this point, and I could no longer see Tonpa since I lost him in the crowd. I groaned as my source of entertainment was now gone.

Suddenly, a loud alarm ripped through the air, quickly shutting everybody up. I tensed, picking myself up off the floor. Man, I was enjoying my time slacking off. My whiney thoughts were interrupted by a man standing where a wall used to be.