Chapter 70/The treasure of the luna goddesses

"Let's have a look at this treasure then," I said a couple of hours later.

We had left the moon's orbit as soon as we had arrived back in the pod bayu. Sabrina's ship had sneaked up on the far side but now they would be coming for us.

Queenie was delighted to have some idea of where her brother was. And we began accelerating towards Jupiter. That would take a few days to get to.

I've gone back to the pod bay where the shuttle had arrived. Victoria had expertly flown the ship into the pod bay pulling the chest behind her. Now the whole space had been pressurized and we could actually see what we brought back. With the ship accelerating I could feel some gravity under my feet and walk around like normal.

Queenie was up on the flight deck, technically this was sacrilege but if it annoyed Sabrina she was slightly in favor of it. Not in favor of it enough to be there during the opening. These things had curses attached to them apparently. Bex had come down leaving Bob to wander the corridors getting lost. 

"Hey" Bex said checking one of the displays on the wall as she came in "While you were away I discovered you could dislocate the entire third engine pod thing and use it as a separate ship. Neat huh? " 

I nodded, the pod bay had a couple of small one-person ships and a gap where a third one had been strapped to the wall. You could call them fighters but in a battle, a single person in a space ship was just a mobile coffin.  I wasn't sure how I knew that. There were a couple of remotely controlled pods with arms that could be used to repair the ship outside. They were copper green like you had just dug them up from a farmers field. The shuttle occupied the space just in front of us. It was the largest ship and now also the dirtiest.  The other ships were strapped to different parts of the hull above us. It was like visiting one of those air-museums, ships hung in the air like a badly timed question over a Thanks Giving dinner table. 

We looked at the huge treasure chest. It was covered in the dust of the pod-bay collapse.  You could run a finger along it and your path would leave a trail of gleaming yellow gold behind. I wrote 'Open me' in clean gold on it. The others crowed around the loot as Victoria came up. 

"Open it," I said after we had all admired the richly decorated outside.

Victoria looked strange. "Maybe later." She said. "we should open it when we get to Jupiter." 

"Open it. Open it." Bex and I started to chant.  

Victoria turned away from the chest.

I went over "What's wrong with you? You're more reluctant than the bride of Jabba the Hutt on her wedding night. Come on you've been looking for this for your who life."

"Later." Victoria said moving away "who's up for a nice cup of coffee?"

I looked over. "From you? Errr no, never. Your waitress days are over big time on this ship. Come on. What did I risk my life to come away with?" 

"And, a quarter of this is mine, " Bex said going over to a repair tool store in the side of pod bay. She pulled out an angle grinder.

Victoria rushed up, her eyes wide open she held the lid down "No, there could be traps and things."

I looked over "You locked it. You know what's inside. You spent ages choosing it. Just open it why don't you." I said.

Something was up I could see it on her face. Bex didn't look happy, the angle grinder was running in her hands and she turned to Victoria with it. Then angle grinder spun loudly in her hands. Bex had that look of 'do what the nice woman says or I use my universal key in my hands here' set firmly on her face.