Chapter 7

A couple weeks went by and I been staying to myself. I haven't been talking to Lani or Bianca. I been picking up extra shifts at work just to stay busy. I haven't heard from Martavion and Ragain haven't been posting any pictures of them lately on social media.

I clocked out of work and started to leave out for work. I wasn't paying attention and I bumped into somebody as I was digging in my purse for my car keys. I looked up and I was face to face with Carter.

Hi Magic.! I said shyly.

Hi Carter....

How you been.?

I'm okay....

Listen I know this is very awkward and I texted you....

You texted me.?

Yeah I texted you trying to apologize and you never hit me back.

You did when.?

It was almost like 5 weeks ago.....a couple days after we broke it off.

I didn't get anything.

That's a surprise because I definitely did text you. I had wanted to apologize for everything.

It's a little to late to apologize Carter.

I know but hear me out please.? I just messed up really bad. I been wanting you since freshman year when you was cheering. And when I finally got the chance to be with you it was like I was telling myself to not mess up so much I ended up fucking up bad feel me.?! It's like I let me insecurities and my friends get in my head about you and yo boy I just was over reacting all the time. I was tryna play cool talking to other bitches and shit like I didn't give a duck but I really did. You mean everything to me and I would do anything for another chance.

I appreciate the apology but I know my worth and if a guy can't get it right the first time than he don't need a second time. We can be cool I don't hold grudges but next time you just gotta realize what you got. Enjoy the rest of your day Carter.! I smiled before leaving him where he stood.

If it was anything I learned it's that when a person truly wants you they wouldn't fuck up no matter how bad a situation is. Guys now a days think you suppose to give them so many chances until they ready to change and settle down. I'm not saying that I'm ready to get married and start a family or anything. But I would like a boyfriend I can trust and show love to while having fun and living our lives. Eventually grow into something more than just boyfriend and girlfriend.

I got in my car and I drove to my favorite ice cream spot. It was down by this place called the Marina where it looked over the lake. It was so beautiful out here. The sun was just setting perfectly and I sat at a table and ate my ice cream scrolling on different social media's.

This was peaceful to me and I loved doing it. Me and MarMar would come here all the time and be out here all night doing anything from just sitting on the boat, to having a picnic down by the water, he taught me how to fish here, we came swimming out here all the time. This was one of my all time favorite places to be.

I thought I might find you here. I heard a male voice coming from behind me. I looked up and Martavion came and sat next to me. I got up to pack my stuff. "Magic wait.!"

Martavion have nothing to say to you.! I said sternly. I threw my things in the trash and he kept calling my name but I just kept walking to my car. I pulled off quick not even looking back at him. I started to head home but stopped at the gas station because I was running low on gas. This was the third time I had to pump my own gas. I felt like my hands was so dirty and nasty. I hated pumping my own gas. I felt like that was a guys job and a lady should never pump her own gas. That's why Martavion always got my gas for me. I know it was a stupid thing but I really hated it. And no matter where you go it's always someone trying to hit on you.