Chapter 1

I never thought I would be stepping back in Texas after all these years I been gone. I got off the plane and I walked to the baggage claim area and grabbed my bags. I went across the street to where the rental cars was and got a car.

I made my way to the hospital that my mom was at and something bad just came over me like it was bad spirits or something. I honestly didn't wanna get out the car. My phone started ringing and it was a text from my dad scaring me. I texted him back telling him I made it here safely and I just got to the hospital.

I got out the car making my way into the hospital through the general entrance. I stopped at the desk to get her floor and room number. I got on the first elevator and went up to the third floor where she was. I entered the dark room slowly. The tv was on and down low.

Hello magic.! A deep male voice said from behind me. I jumped so hard because it scared me....baking into a wall Corey came closer to me with a devilish smile. I looked over at my mom and she looked so helpless laying there sleep. Her face was so bruised and she was so skinny. She had marks and weaps all over her skin.

You must be Magic her daughter.?! A nurse said coming into the room. Corey backed up off of me and took a seat.

What happened to her.?

Well if it wasn't for her husband here. She would of been dead she slipped and fell hitting her head on the bath tub she's been out for quiet some time now.

Are you beating her.? I questioned pissed completely the fuck off.

Magic please don't make accusations like that.! Corey laughed.

Ain't nobody making no accusations.! I'm not stupid nor am I blind. She has a black eye and a busted lip. Bruises all over her face and body and you really gone say she tripped.? Your a Pathetic little bitch.! I spat towards him.

Magic I'll smack the fuck out you girl you better shut the fuck up.

Do it cause I ain't that scared little 17 year old you tried to rape any more. You may have everybody else in here fooled but not me Corey.! And once she wakes up and I get the truth be prepared to go to jail.

I wish yo lil ass died in that house fire.! He said low enough for me to hear as he walked out the door. The nurse stood there in shock before excusing herself from the room. I took a seat by my mothers side and opened the window a little bit for some fresh air.

I should of known Corey was going to try and do something to her after i left. Everything about him screamed bad guy.!