Chapter 27

Soooo Magic hows it been since dating Martavion.? MarMars brother Malike asked. We was sitting down at dinner. It was all of Martavions brothers, their vibes and kids, his mom and dad. My dad and brother and me for thanksgiving.

It's been a roller coaster.! I laughed.

I'm just so happy it finally happened.! His mom laughed.

What are some of your plans after high school.?! Tamika Marcus wife asked.

I'm hoping to get into Texas U, there I will study to be a Surgical Technician for the fall right after I finish with the sterilization processing classes that I take this spring.

I like her.! Tamika smiled.

Mija, do you plan to marry.? Like where do you see yourself in 5-6 years.?His mom asked making me choke on my drink.

Ummm... well I do.! And I'm hoping it's to him.! I'll be well into 3 years into my career and 21. I hope to had have travel some more, and hope to be having my first child with my husband. I smiled looking at Martavion. He leaned in to kiss me.

Do that mean yes.? He questioned against my lips.

Yes.! I smiled and he pulled back happy.

We not gonna sugar coat anything at this table. Magic you know Martavion is well into the streets that doesn't bother you.? Like how are you committed in working y'all relationship out.? And could be trusted?! His dad asked. Why the fuck was everybody grilling me.? This shits been going on for the past few days.

Well with all due respect Mr. Jackson, as you know Martavion was my bestfriend....we been Bestfriends since 7th grade. I know what he does to an extent and I know the long line he comes from. Me and Martavion has been through everything together, and that's including death.!(I said looking at him as the memories of the car accident played over and over in my head) We was suppose to die that night but we didn't.! It brought us closer and not even that could separate us. That bothers me more than him being in the streets because I know at least y'all have his back. And I delt with the things that came with it. I was there for him every single time he got shot, I was there to wipe his ass, change bandages, bathe him and clothed him, fed and cooked for him when he couldn't. Me being his girlfriend didn't change any of it, just the titles of my position in his life did. And I've held him down many of times before besides nursing him. I was at every visit, every court date, money on his books, wrote letters and emails to him, never missed a phone call when he was locked up. My loyalty to him been proven since the day we met.! I said through my smiles. Me and Martavion been through so much in our lifetime already and it was unbelievable.

Yup she's the one.! A'lexis, Malike wife said smiling.

So Martavion do you think you could handle her bad attitude, and spoiled ness .!? my dad asked, to lighten the mood.

Sir I'm the one who's responsible for that bad attitude.! And I am certainly responsible for her being the spoiled brat she is!. He said making everybody laugh.

I can agree to that.! Malachi said putting his hands up.

No seriously, can't nobody fake a tear better than Magic.! And soon as she do he going to get whatever she wanted.! I seen the shit first hand for myself.! She asked for a Chanel purse he said no, the lady went and laid in the middle of the street crying. I could not make this shit up. He got right in the car and went and got the Chanel purse she asked for.! Marcus said making everybody laugh as he told the story.

Wowwww okay y'all RELAXXXX.! I'm not that spoiled.

The devil is a lie.! Malike said.

I'm really not.! I asked him to buy me that blue limited edition LV purse with the matching sandals like two months ago AND NEVER GOT IT.! I even passed out and had a heart attack he told me NO.!

The one you asked for that day when we dropped the keys off to you at work?! Malike asked.

Yessssssss.!!

Oh girl try again soon as we walked away he went and bought it.! He said shaking his head and my mouth dropped.

Well it was suppose to be for your birthday.! But he ruined that.! He said taking a sip of his drink. Everybody was laughing and giggling.

Wowwww so you made me pass out for no reason.?

You did that yoself.! He laughed.

Okay and what 17 year old buys a 16 year old a brand new customized Jeep Wrangler the same day she passes her road test.?! I'll wait.! Tamika said eating her food.

Damn Y'all nosey.! MarMar said laughing.

Martavion.?! My dad called out.

Yes sir.?!

How do you plan to protect my daughter?.!

Well sir i....

Actually can I answer that.! I said cutting Martavion off. All eyes at the table was on me. "A lot of you don't know this....in fact only Martavion and one other person knows this....Dad Martavions been my protector for a very long time. I recently went through something so traumatic to the point I was committed to the idea of suicide.! I didn't speak to him in about 3 days and when he found me.....I didn't see him coming. I was standing on the opposite side of the ledge holding on to the rails in the freezing cold at a this lake. I was about to jump in....(my tears started coming down my face) I actually let go but I was stopped so fast it was instantly.! He was holding me by my hoodie. He pulled me back over so quick and hugged me tight. In that moment I felt the safest I had ever been, I felt all that stress remove it self from my body, I felt like I could breathe again. He doesn't just physically protect me but he mentally and emotionally protects me too.!

The table was quiet and Martavion wiped my tears. His mom got up and hugged me tight kissing my forehead.

You know we love you Mag.! Malike said getting up to hug me too.

And with all due respect sir, Magic is the hood princess (Marcus laughed) not only does Tavion protect her us three do too, just like we do him.! Marcus said pointing to his brothers.

She will forever be apart of us, Magic is simply something Magical and we love her like a daughter.! His dad said getting up placing his hands on my shoulders and shaking my dads hand.

After we all finished eating and the questions stopped we laughed and talked about other stuff. I was happy to be out of the hot seat.! I went upstairs to fix my make up in Martavions old room. I went downstairs and everyone was watching the game. The ladies was in the kitchen getting dessert ready and stuff.

Time for dessert.! His mom yelled. Everybody came and sat at the table and Tamika passed the glasses of champagne around.

I'd like to make a toast.! Martavion said and everybody was getting their phones out.

Go ahead baby.! His mom said happily.

This toast is to say that I am completely thankful for the family that I have and the one I'm going to create. I recently asked Magic to marry me...it was in the heat of the moment type thing but the more I asked her and the question came out my mouth my thoughts was processing quicker and quicker. I know who I wanna be with and my feelings aren't gonna change they been the same for some years now. I asked your dad for your hand in marriage and he gave me his blessing. But now I wanna do it right, (he pulled his chair out and got down on one knee.) Magic i love you and like I said it don't have to be now but I want you in my life for the rest of my life. I can't see myself with nobody but you. I don't want nobody but you. Your my peace, my heart, my soul, my courage, my brain, I wanna be able to put you next to my ribs because I want you to be equal as me. And y'all can say we to young or this is to fast but it's real. (I started crying and so did he.) I would love to marry you and make you my wife. Will you marry me.?! He asked I grabbed his face and kissed his lips.

Yes.! Yes.! Yes.! I cried happily. He slid the ring on my finger and kissed me back. Everybody was clapping and cheering and crying.