Chapter 1

"Hello, Aarav Where are you? I have been trying to reach out to you. Can you call me as soon as possible please." Something was off in her was voice. It felt like she is crying.

Last night I was celebrating for getting big project for our company Verma International Group. Party Booze Music Girls always a amazing combination. I had lost the track of my time and my phone was on silent.

First thing in the morning when I checked my phone all I saw was 17 misscall and 1 voice mail from my younger sister Tanya. She has never called me so many times. Something had gone wrong out there. I need to find out so I called her back.

"Hello Sorry tanya. I was out so could not pick up your call. I__"

"Bhai (Brother)" She interrupted me and started crying.

"Tanu please don't cry. Please calm down and tell me what's wrong.. What has happened?"

" Dad had heart attack yesterday. Now he is in ICU at the hospital. I am worried. Mom is also crying since yesterday. I had no idea what to do. So I called to inform you."

"Tanu don't worry I am catching the first flight to Mumbai. Will be there by evening."

" But what about your project?" She asked.

"It got completed yesterday. My work out here is done anywhich ways. Bye. See you soon. "

" Bye." She said.

Immediately I called my secretary.

"Hello Sir."

"Sophia kindly book the first flight to Mumbai. Project with High-tech group is almost completed I will ask Thomas to look after this project. If anything urgent than contact me. I may visit there once in two or three months from now on"

"Sure Sir. Is everything alright?"

" Dad is not keeping well so need to be there with him ."

"Oh I hope Mr.Varma recovers soon. I will make your travel arrangements. Travel safe Sir."

"Thank you Sofia. "

I felt guilty that I was not there for my family when they actually needed me the most. Going back to Mumbai was the subject I have been avoiding from quite long time.

Once I had joined my family business my parents and my relatives wanted me to get married and settle down but marriage and kids aren't something I was looking out for.

So the moment new project came up at Singapore office. I took that as an opportunity to leave India and enjoy my bachelor days. I was not against females I was just against marriage.

I got busy with work and in spare time would explore city or female. Later excited me more than the first option. Days turned into months and months turned into years. Initially Mom and dad asked me on phone and video call when was I going to come back but than eventually they gave up.

Message on my phone stopped all my thoughts. It was from Sophia stating that she has sent the details of the flight on my email and all the travel arrangements are done.

Mumbai here I come after 4 years let's see what you got to offer.