Chapter 27

I had sent termination letter to Karan. He came into my cabin.
"What the hell is this?" He asked.

"Termination letter"

"I know that but on what ground you are getting me out of this company?"

"I don't need a reason to fire you. It's my company."

"Is this because of Kiara?" He asked.

"Don't you dare say her name from your filthy mouth."

"Listen you cannot take my job like this I have given everything to this organisation. Do you think other employees will work here if there is no job security?"

"Work at Singapore office than and Don't contact her ever." I said.

"Why Singapore and not here?"

"I won't let you work here in Mumbai that's final. There are two vacancy, one in Singapore and other in Banglore. Singapore has wider client base to handle. You have worked with that team on various occasion in past. You can take Banglore it's upon you?" I said.

"Okay I will work with Singapore team."

"You will receive transfer letter by day end. You can contact accounts department for Visa and flight booking." I took the letter from him and asked him to leave.

I knew he wouldn't leave easily if I would have sent transfer papers so I had sent him termination letter. He was good asset to our company and sending him to Singapore means he would be away from Kiara at least physically and he would be in my observation all the time. It was like killing two birds with single stone.

When I came back home I saw my things were not in place. I lots my mind and yelled at her. One thing lead to another and our conversation became ugly.

I started eating my breakfast, lunch and dinner at office. I used to leave home around 7:30am and reach home by 11pm.

Many changes were made recently in different departments so there was lot of work load as we had shifted research and development team. Vikram started working at office. He used to work for competition as head PR. So getting him here was good decision.

Mr.Joshi who was heading finance team and Hr department took early retirement to spend his days with his son and grand children. This made things worst for me. I ended up getting more files on my desk.

I worked on weekends also only time I used to go home was to sleep at night. Whenever I used to enter my room she would be sleeping on couch.

It was late night when I entered the house. Mom was sitting in the living room reading magazine.

"Is this the time you come back home?" She asked.

"Mom I was busy with office work lost track of the time."

"Where are you going to take Kiara at this time for dinner?" She asked.

"What do you mean by where will I take her? I already had food."

"You had your dinner than why did you tell her you are taking her out. Everyday Kiara doesn't eat her dinner to spend time with you. This how you treat her."

"Why Kiara has not eaten her dinner?" I asked.

"I think it's my fault. You don't pick my calls so yesterday I asked her why you both are not having dinner and wasting food everyday. She told me you both are eating dinner outside at restaurants. I think she assumed that you will take her out and told me not to make food for both of you."

"Oh yes I promised her that I will take her out to her favorite restaurant but I forgot." I lied.

"Thank god alteast you both are spending sometime together. Leave office early from now on or l will talk to your father regarding this." She said.