Chapter 39

Small gestures and efforts of Aarav was catching me off gaurd. He celebrated my birthday it was the best birthday of my life. It was so much fun to talking to them. I danced and laughed with them.

We had drinks at night and slept on same bed. I got up in middle of the night feeling hot. I found myself tangled around Aarav. I got up and went to the couch.

I fought with him at morning on every given instance as I was irritated. I had to go to dad's office for Ganpati celebration and knowing Aarav won't come. I had to lie to everyone made me angry with him but he came with me asking him to do that.

He had spent time at dad's office. It was true mom was behind him. She would never leave an opportunity to taunt him. He never back answered her. He replied to her question calmly.

He was somehow getting close to me and I was not liking it. I had to maintain distance from him. I don't want to be part of this mind games.

He had told me to stay for a year but I am not going to stay here for more than six months. I have already started looking out for house. I am not going to stay with my parents once I leave this house. Once things get a bit settled here I will leave this house and never look back.

Few days later on Saturday when we were back to his room after lunch.

"Hey I am going to Singapore next week for 5 days." He said.

"Okay."

"Dad suggested you should also come along. So if you can clear your schedule for next 15 days we can roam around and if you want we can go to Malaysia also."

"I have just completed your HR project. I have lot of backlog so I cannot come." His offer was tempting but he was asking because his dad suggested not because he wanted me to come.

"Next time. I am busy this week."

"Join me after a week." He said.

"It's not possible I forgot to tell you my passport has expired."

"Go get me your passport. I will get it renewed by next week."

"I don't have it here. It's at my house." I said.

"Rather than saying so many lies it would have been really great if you would have said you don't want to come with me." He said and went to wardrobe to pack his bag as he had early morning flight.

"I can help you with your packing." I said.

"Not required go make some plans to enjoy next week."

I went out and settled on the couch. I was reading novel. After sometime he came back  and went to the bed to sleep. He turned his face to other side so his back was facing me.

"Happy journey. Enjoy your trip." I said.

"Switch off the lights when you're done." He said turning his face towards couch and again he turned back.

I went and switched off the light and went back to couch to sleep.

I waked because of light from wardrobe but I stayed on couch as it is. Once he closed the lights came out with his luggage. I closed my eyes. I don't want to say anything that would spoil mine and his mood.

He came near the couch and I went still not wanting him to know that I am awake. He adjusted my blanket.

"You look like an angel when you sleep and you talk like an devil once you are awake. Don't change for anyone." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Bye Tigress. Take care." He said.

I kept my eyes closed till I heard the door getting closed.

I wanted to go to him and stop him but I couldn't. I don't want to complicate this relationship anymore.

"Aarav left?" Mom asked when I entered the kitchen to help.

"Yes in the morning." I said.

"Why did you not go with him?" Mom asked.

"I have pending work at office."

"You missed your opportunity to go on honeymoon. You give too much of freedom to Aarav. I have noticed." Chachi said.

"No chachi it's nothing like that." I said.

"Bhabhi have you seen both of them going out on weekends or have you seen her asking him where is he going? What he is doing? I have not seen them talking other than work."

Tanya came to kitchen.

"Everyone is waiting for you guy's for breakfast." She said.

"Coming." I said and went with her. It was the best escape route from current situation.

I went to office but I didn't feel like working. I left early for home. When I reached home early. Mom and dad were sitting in living room and talking.

"Had word with Aarav? He reached?" Mom asked.

"I have not received any call or message from him. I will call him and let you know." I said.

"He had called few minutes back to inform he has reached. I was informing you."

"I am not feeling well. Can I go and rest upstairs?"

"Are you fine? You want me to call doctor for you?" Dad asked.

"It's just headache. I will be fine after sometime." I said and went to his room.

I changed my clothes and went to bed to sleep. I could feel his presence everywhere even if he was not here. I rested for sometime. When I got up I watched movie for sometime.

I received call from Aarav. I picked up his call.

"Hello" I said.

"Hi. How are you?" He asked.

"Fine."

"Mom said you are not keeping well so I asked me to check up on you.".

"Do you do anything which doesn't involve your parents?" I asked.

"What?"

"We are here today because you did everything that your parents said."

"You had your food?" He asked.

"You don't have to do this. If anyone asks me than I will say you had called. Bye." I disconnected the call.

Everything was formality for him. He did everything because someone would have pointed out to him.

I hate him. I will never forgive him. Why did I agree to marry him? It was the worst decision of my life.

 Why did I agree to marry him? It was the worst decision of my life