Chapter 2

Packed my luggage and was on my way to airport. Whole journey all I felt was shock and guilt at the same time. Various things were on my mind it felt like my head was spinning.

Moment my flight landed in Mumbai. I heading straight for the baggage claim area and than for the exit gate.

I started to search for my driver and that's when I spotted Tanya waving at me. I was surprised to see her. I started to walk towards her. She came and hugged me.

"Bhai I missed you so much. I can't believe you are back"

" I missed you too Tanu. Don't worry I am not going anywhere now. You will be tired of my presence and probably throw me out of our house."

She looked at me with teared face and started laughing and said " Never "
I wiped her tears. Meanwhile driver came got my luggage in our BMW.

"How's dad now? How was his surgery? Is he out of ICU?"

"He is still under observation. Doctor's had done angiography yesterday as he complained about chest pain. So we came to know he got heart attack."

"Okay now take me to hospital first. I want to see him and talk to doctor"

"Let's go to home. You would be tired from your journey. First freshen up take rest and than vist dad. And mom is also waiting for you at home" She said.

"Hospital first than home." I said to my driver. He gave me nod.

"How come you knew my flight details? And who is with dad since you are here and mom is at home?" I inquired.

"I received call from office on dad's number. Staff informed me your flight details. Mom needs to rest from last night she has spent her time crying and worrying. Dad's friend is with him at hospital."

"Okay" Driver stopped the car and I saw the hospital.

"Do you want to go home and rest?" I asked her

"No we will go home together " She said with small smile on which I nodded. We entered the hospital.

"Why don't you go and meet doctor I will check on dad as he may leave for the day in sometime." I nodded and went towards the OPD receptionist desk.

" Is Dr.Mehra free?" I asked

"Sir Do you have appointment?" She smiled.

"No just say Aarav Varma is here"  She called doctor to check. All she was mooning over me. Some other place or time I would have enjoyed smiles blush and looks but now I was getting irritated. She disconnected the phone.

"Sir is free you can go inside" with a smile.
I nodded and went to Dr. Mehra's cabin.

"Hello So I see rumors where right you are here" with a broad simle he came and hugged me.

"Hello uncle how are you?"

"All good my son. As you can see alive and kicking" All this years one thing was same his sense of humor other things changed.
Now he had wrinkles, black hair had turned white and reading spects. He as been our family doctor all my life. Dad and Mehra uncle were childhood friends. Dad was also the trustee in this hospital. So worry was the last thing on my mind he was under observation of safest hand.

"Uncle I was here to talk about dad's conditions. I ___" There was a knock on the door

"Your dad's cardiac doctor is here. He is Mr. Sanjeev Mohanty. We can discuss with him about Ramesh's condition." I nodded and he asked Mr. Mohanty to enter.

" Sanjeev this is Ramesh's son Aarav. He wanted to know the progress about his father." On which Mr.Mohanty he nodded and sat next to me.

"Mr. Ramesh Varma complained about having chest pain few days back. So he conducted angiography test. We found he has 2 blockage. We have kept him under observation. We can start his angioplasty tomorrow if that's okay?" He asked.

" Mr.Mohanty what are the chances of failure?"

"Dont worry this operation won't fail but you need to make sure he doesn't talk stress in future. He needs to follow the diet recommend." After hearing I looked at uncle and he nodded and gave me approval.

" Let me know when we should operate accordingly we will make the preparation and start the formality." Mr. Mohanty said.

" You can start with all the formalities to operate tomorrow."

"Okay. Will take your leave" I nodded on which Mr.Mohanty he stood and left the cabin.

"Aarav don't worry everything will be fine. Now come on go and see if Ramesh is hitting on my staff." I laughed and shaked my head. It was next to impossible because My father had eyes only for my mother.

"See you " He nodded and I stood and left the cabin and was on my way to meet dad.