Chapter 14

I left Varma Mansion and was on my way to Restaurant where Karan had booked a table for us. I reached restaurant by 8.

He was nowhere seen. I went at reception and gave his name. Manager showed me our table. I waited for him for few minutes thought he would be late because of traffic.

I called him couple of times even dropped message to him. I received message from him.

Karan : Hey I am running late. I will be there in sometime.

Me : Okay.

Great now he is late. Today was most horrible day. Morning I met him in lift. He tried to intimate me. I don't know whenever he is around I feel different. I couldn't attend my meeting I went back to my office. I was in no mood to work. All I thought was about lift incident. It was clear that we both know we were together in that wodden cabin.

I messaged Tanya that I would be Varma Mansion by 6:30 pm. She said yes.

Once I reached Aarti aunty and Ramesh uncle saw me and asked me to join them for evening snacks. I went with them as Tanya was stuck in Traffic.

We were sitting in dinning room and were talking about office. I said about lift incident and that devil decides to show up. When he came and sat opposite me. It felt like I had seen ghost. He was enjoying my shock. He gave me my bracelet. I don't even want to know how it ended up with him.

We went downstairs to see Lucky. Lucky started barking as he saw me. I was so scared of him biting me but Aarav calmed Lucky and asked me if I trusted him and to give my hand to him. Every cell in my body said no but I don't know why but I gave him my hand. I have no idea why but trusted him.
Whenever he was near it felt different.

He was Ramesh uncle's son. I almost slept with him.

"Ma'am would you like to order something?" Waiter asked breaking my thoughts.

"Actually I am waiting for someone." He nodded and left. I looked at time it was already 9:00 pm.

Around 9:30 he came.

"Hey sorry I got stuck in a meeting." Karan said.

"It's okay"

"Let's order something." He said. I nodded. He placed order for our food.

" How was your day?" I asked.

"It was good. I am working on so may projects and because of month end so many deadlines. I don't know how I will complete all this work. What about you?"

"It was nice." I said.

"You wanted to discuss something yesterday let's discuss it today." He said.

"Umm it's not working between us. I mean you are really nice person but we don't have that bond or understanding which other couples have."

"That's not the case you are over thinking. I feel." He said.

" Whatever it was. Let's end our relationship on good note. I want to be priority not someone's option. We can stay as friends." I said.

" I still think you are over thinking it but even than you want to break up than I am not going to stop you." He said.

We talked about things here and there had our food and left the restaurant.

"Should I drop you home?" He asked.

" No I have got car today " He nodded.

"Best of luck. I hope you get what you are looking out for in a partner." He said.