Chapter 20

Saturday went lethargic I slept late. Other lunch and dinner I spent my whole time watching web series.
Mom called me and said "Dad has called you in our room comedown stairs."

"Okay mom." I said and kept the phone.

I went outside for walk to think properly. Lucky came to me running. I took him in my hand and patted his head. Now he is trained so mom let's him inside our house sometime. I kept him down and went to my father's room.

I was about to knock his door I heard he was talking on phone.
"I asked them to work together on one project "

"What he dropped her at your place?" Dad asked happily.

"Are you sure Kiara said She likes him when Niyati and Tanya asked?"

"Okay I will talk to him today and you ask her."

"Bye." Dad said and I knocked and entered his room.

"Good you are here Aarav we wanted to talk to you about something important." Dad said. He was lying on bed. Mom was sitting next to him on chair.

"Yes dad tell me." I know what this is all about.

"Last time we talked about marriage do you have any girl in mind?" Dad asked.

"No dad." I said.

"We like one girl for you. We are going to meet her family tomorrow at dinner." He said.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"Kiara, You already know her. Do you like her?" It was tricky question because I liked her but that did not meant I wanted to marry her. Kiara was liked by everyone so even if I said No. They would make it yes eventually.

"Yes dad." I said. Dad became happy came and hugged me and mom also came and hugged me.

I went back to my room I didn't have heart to say no to dad. With his medical condition I cannot take risk of putting him in stress. Worst part was Kiara also said yes. If she wants marriage she will get marriage but I was not sure what she will get out of this loveless marriage.

Sunday mom and chachi spend whole day packing gifts. We all left for their house in evening.

Someone opened the door dad hugged him. Dad introduced me to her family. I said namaste and touched her mother's and father's feet. Samar came and Introduced himself. Dad, Chachu and uncle sat on sofa Mom, chachi and aunty went inside probably in kitchen to keep gifts. I, Reyansh and Samar sat on another sofa. Tanya went in search of Kiara.

Everyone were busy in their talks. Help came out with juice.

Samar asked me "How's work?"

I was managing office at Singapore. Trying to settle down here. What about you?"

"I am managing my family business of import and export of chemicals and essential oil required to make soap, rubber, deodorant and perfume."

"Oh that's amazing." I said.

"Why did you and Niyati did not turn up at Tanya's party?" Reyansh asked Samar.

"We had some work so could not come. Let's plan something for next week." Samar said.

"Sure." One thing was sure that everyone knew each other except me.

Tanya came out with Kiara and someone. Kiara went and said namaste to dad and chachu.

Samar and Reyansh were about to get up at that time that girl said " Dad if you don't mind let them go and talk in Kiara's room. So they can talk to each other."