Chapter 21

Aarti aunty had called Mom to inform that tomorrow evening there would be engagement function with few family members. Marriage was on 7th july it was hardly a month away.

When dad asked I thought we will get time to know each other more during our courtship. Both family knew each other all family members were good there was no chance dad would accept No in this case.

Aarav was a bit different but I liked him. Small stuffs he did I liked it. When he swapped my place with his without me saying and when lied to that jerk and said I was pregnant. He did things without me saying. He is always in control and hard working. Working with was best time we had so far. He never asked anything about marriage nor he asked my expectation from my partner whatever question he asked were observation based.

Everyone got busy with engagement preparation. Whole day was spent in shopping clothes, jewellery and gifts.

When we all sat in car to go to Varma Mansion for engagement. I got nervous. It was like thousands of butterflies in my stomach. I was excited and scared both at same time.

We reached Varma mansion. Mukesh uncle and aunty came to receive us. We went inside aunty came and hugged me. Everyone got busy talking to each other. I looked around but he was nowhere seen.

"What are you looking for? Or rather who?" Niyati asked.

"No one." I said.

"I had heard Bride takes time to get ready here duties are exchanged." I glared at her.

"Don't give me this look remember how you teased me during my wedding. This is going to be so much fun." She said. It was true I teased her so much during her wedding and after first night. I forced her to give me details.

Aarav came after few minutes. He had worn off white kurta with golden design. His outfit matched with mine.

Before I could talk to him Panditji had called me for rituals. Aarti aunty gave me bangels, saree and payal. Many married came and gave me blessings. After that it was time for engagement.

 After that it was time for engagement