Chapter 15

After breakfast I and dad left for meeting at office. Once we reached office and entered building I saw Kiara standing in line of common elevator. Dad saw her and asked her to come in our elevator.

We reached conference room I sat next to her. I couldn't help I asked her about her date. Her revert was not something that I had not expected.

I was looking at the staff in conference room. I saw a person on whom I had dropped drink at Tanya's party. He was looking at Kiara but she was not looking at his way. Just to confirm my doubts I asked her Why she was not sitting next to him and shock on her face confirmed everything. She has got world's worst poker face.

After meeting Dad asked me to work on project with Kiara that was wired. As I select whom I want to work with and which project to work on not other way around.

We left Dad's cabin together.

"Let's discuss about our project in my cabin" I said. She nodded and followed me. I opened door of my cabin. She went inside. I closed the door once I entered.

"So how you want to go about?" I asked. She kept looking at me. She is always silent around me otherwise she is talkative.

"About? " she asked.

"Project what else did you think?"

"Nothing." She said.

"We have 4 days time for the presentation. So let's divide our work."

"Okay I will go through various Private equities options and Portfolio management scheme. You can go through Hedging and acquisition options?"

"Have you ever worked on acquisition before?" I asked.

"No" She said.

"You can work on portfolio management services and I will work on Private equities today. You and I will work on few acquisition companies and hedging investment from tomorrow. You come here for this week."

"I don't think it's good option. I will do all the study work for Private equities options and Portfolio management scheme. I have few client visit and work at office. I cannot be here all the time." She said.

"Give that appointment to someone else to handle or cancel them I don't care. From tomorrow I want you be present in the morning at 9:00 am sharp."

"I will see what I can do with client meetings. I will see you tomorrow." She got up and left. It's going to be very difficult working with her.

Day passed working on Private equities. I selected couple of project work. It was around 8 pm I left for home.

Mom was in living room reading some magazine.

"Go freshen up. I will ask Savita to heat food for you." I nodded.

I went had shower and changed ito white t-shirt and black track pant and went to dinning room.

I went to the table and sat down to have food. Having food alone was something I never liked. In Singapore I used to keep TV on or usually had my dinner outside.

Dal makhani, chole, roti, salad, rice and curd looking at the food I realized how much hungry I was.

"Mom you know you can go to your room and rest. I can have my dinner alone."

"Now I can't even sit with my son and give him company." She said.

"That's not what I said. How was your day?" I asked.

"It was good. I and dad had gone to doctor for regular checkup. Doctor said he is recovering fast."

"That's nice."

"How's office? Do you like it here?"

"It's nice trying to know the staff. Many of them I know because I had worked on different projects with them from Singapore. I love it here why will I not like?" I asked.

"Good get settle in business so I and your dad can go on world tour." She said with a smile.

"Yes where you want to go let me know I will make the arrangements."

"Okay let your dad's health be better than we will go." She said. I nodded.

"That reminds me your dad wants to talk to you. So after dinner go and meet him." I nodded

"Regarding?" I asked.

"I don't know." She said not looking at me.

"Savita ask someone to get him jalebi rabdi ." Savita aunty went to kitchen.

She definitely knows what he wants to say. No point in pushing the subject I will come to know in sometime.

Some staff came with jalebi and rabdi in plate. I had jalebi rabdi. Its was amazing. I was having it after ages.

"This jalebi is awesome ask them to make it frequently."

"Okay I will ask savita to make it for you every week."

"Cool now let me go and meet dad." She was tensed but she nodded. As if she was expecting war as an outcome.

I went downstairs to dad's room.