Chapter 17

I reached canteen tired to looking out for her. It had live kitchen on right hand side and small table around 30 where 4-5 people can sit. I spotted her busy chit chatting with my employees and here I thought she would be crying somewhere in ladies restroom.

I went near her table. People whom she was talking started saying bye to her and left seeing me.

"I can sit on this table?" I asked her.

"Whole office is yours sit where you like don't ask me."

"So you come here to watch daily soap?" I asked her. She took her bag and was about to leave. I caught her hand.

"Please sit I want to talk to you about project."

"People come here to eat not to discuss business." She said.

"Okay join me for lunch." She sat opposite me.

" I should have not said things what I said in my cabin but it's fact you are uncomfortable around me. What can I do to make you feel comfortable?" I asked.

Again she was silent. Office boy came to me and gave me my tiffin.

"Please get me 2 plates and spoons." I asked him. Kiara was busy looking around. By that time he came back with spoons and plates.
He kept one plate in front of me another in front of Kiara. He kept spoon fork and glass on table and left.

I opened my tiffin it had paneer tikka, dal fry, rice and roti food was sufficient for two of us.

"Kiara you like this food or I can order something else for you?"

"I am not hungry." She said.

"Can you at least give me company by sitting here?" I asked.

"Okay."

I took food in my plate and started eating. She was watching me silently.

"You should taste it. Mom has made amazing dal and chachi has made sabzi."

"How do you know its made by Aarti aunty and Sheela aunty?" She asked.

"Just by the taste of the food I can tell if they cooked it or not." I looked at her. She looked in her bag and removed small box and opened it.

"Kiara stop thinking and start eating food is getting cold."

"My tiffin would have gone to office I only have sweet in my box. I will order something I don't want you to eat less because of me."

"Did you just says sweet?" I asked.

"Yes gajar ka hawla" She said.

"Perfect I was thinking something was missing but now I know what it was." I said.

"What was missing?" She asked.

"Gajar ka halwa was missing." She smiled and than took food in her plate and started eating.

"You still haven't answered my question." I said.

"Which question?" She asked with frown on her face.

"You feeling uncomfortable around me." I said.

"It's nothing like that."

"Really why did you keep cabin door open?" I asked.

"Oh I don't remember." She said innocently.

"You know If I want to do something open or close door cannot stop me." She stopped eating and was staring at me. I continued eating my food after sometime she started eating her food.

"I don't know why but I get nervous around you probably because I don't know you." I nodded.

"Are you going to give me that gajar ka halwa or will you have it all alone?" I asked.
She took clean spoon from the table and placed gajar ka halwa in my plate and was about to add more. I stopped her.

"What will you have if you will give all to me?" I asked.

"You have it 1 spoon is enough for me." I tasted Gajar ka halwa. It was amazing.

"You made this?"

"Yes yesterday I had made this"

"You cook amazing food. Karan is very lucky man."

"Cooking gajar ka halwa doesn't make me good cook." She said I didn't miss her change in expression when I mentioned about Karan.

"You make amazing sweets and desserts." She raised her right eyebrow.

"I had chocolate walnut fudge few days ago. Tanya mentioned you had made that. That was also amazing." She smiled and once we were done with our lunch.

"I am going to go and have buttermilk. Will you have it?" She asked.

"Let's go upstairs. It will take time staff will bring buttermilk for you there." I said.

"I am not going with you anywhere. I would rather work here."

"So you want to share all our confidential information."

"No." She said.

"Good." I collected her files and laptop. She took her bag. I saw office boy who had got my tiffin. I asked him to collect my tiffin and get 2 chilled buttermilk in my cabin.

Once we were back to my cabin we both settled on sofa and started working on project. We started working on couple of files.

After sometime we looked after acquisition project. She suggested different companies few were of clothes, food and jewellery every product was niche in their field.

"Where did you find this all companies?" I asked.

"I know people who knows people."

"Means?"

"I had asked couple of my friends to find information on this companies. So few of them confirmed today. So I suggested you."

"You were talking to them while you were here."

"Yes of course."

"You surprise me every time." I said looking at her.

"Let's concentrate on work we don't have much time." She said and we started working again.

It was already 7 when Geeta knocked  and asked to leave for the day. I nodded and she left.

" I think we should wind-up for today. We can start tomorrow by 10." I said her. She nodded we completed our work and than left for the day.

 She nodded we completed our work and than left for the day