Chapter 16

I knocked the door and entered Dad's room. Dad was on bed reading some book. He looked at me and smiled. I went and sat on chair near his bed. He kept his book and looked at me.

"You came late today."

"Yes was working on private equities investment lost the track of the time."

"With Kiara?" He asked.

"No she left immediately for some meeting."

"Work on this project together. I want her to get exposure of different projects."

"Yes I know but why? She is an outsider how can we be sure she won't leak information outside. I mean she is not even our employee." I asked.

"She is amazing person. Her working style is bit different than others but way she talks and confidence she has I want her to head our Finance department one day."

"She was not ready to take investment business from you. Do you really think she is ready to head our finance department."

"Give her proper guidance be strict with her If you have to be. She will head that department that's final. You need to start taking control over Reach and development and production department. Reyansh is already heading marketing department. From next month Mukesh will start training him for sales and service department. I and Mukesh uncle will look after overall administration from now on."

"Okay. If you are insisting I will see what can be done. Anything else you wanted to talk or else I will go to my room as I have early start."

"I didn't call you for office. I wanted to ask you about something?" He said. I could see he is nervous to talk.

"Yaa tell me." I said.

"Do you like anyone?" He asked.

"Like?" I asked.

"For marriage."

"No I don't like anyone."

"I am giving to time till Saturday. If you have any girl in mind let me know or else you need to say yes to my and your mother's choice."

"Dad why so much of hurry. Let me settle down here first than we can talk about this." I said trying to buy sometime.

"No I think you have got enough time. Now we have to think about Tanya and Reyansh's marriage also. You have time till Saturday to think of some girl."

"Okay Dad. Good night." I said and left in anger. I took elevator and went straight to my room. Few minutes later mom came in my room.

"Mom I don't want to talk to anyone right now." I said.

"Aarav you have to think about marriage if not today than tomorrow you cannot avoid this subject forever." She came sat next to me.

"Yes mom but I cannot marry anyone without knowing that person."

"Dad gave you choice you can marry any girl of your choice. In our times our parents never used to ask us but he is giving you option."

"Yes Mom but it's too early. I am not ready for marriage."

"Do you have any girl in mind?" She asked.

"No. We have selected a girl for you she is perfect for you. If you want to say no to her you can but than this won't stop till you agree to marry someone and in given health condition I don't want your father to be in stress because of you. You can think and make your decision." She said.

"I will think of some girl. Now you go and take rest." I said.

"Good night." She said and kissed me on my forehead and left.