Chapter 3

Once I reached on 7th floor and turn towards reception to find where my father was admitted out of 4 rooms. Hospital had been recently renovated. There where different types of rooms on all floor but top floor was for VIP.

When I was about to ask about my father that's when I spotted Tanya. She was standing with some girl. She was giggling like a teenager. Girl was standing opposite to Tanya so I couldn't see her all I could see was long straight hair, red top and black tight jeans.

Tanya saw me and said " Bhai mee __" I interrupted her and asked " Which room?"

She pointed at the door and I nodded.
"Bhai we are going down at cafeteria to have coffee do you want to have something?" She asked.

I shaked my head and headed towards dad's room.

Room was no better than five star hotel suite. Only difference was heart monitor machine, IV stand with glucose bottle on it and different medical equipment and medicines.

 Only difference was heart monitor machine, IV stand with glucose bottle on it and different medical equipment and medicines

I thought dad was sleeping so went near him and touched his hand. He opened his eyes and saw me.

"Dad sorry I waked you up. Please go back to sleep" I said to him.

"I was awake only. I am surprised you are here. Don't you have project to complete?" He asked.

"Hi tech project is almost completed if any help required in the project than Thomas can handle the same."

"Congratulations for hi tech now you need to find new project to keep you busy that's how it worked for you in past right. Anyways how many days trip you are here for? Don't let your old man keep you." He said in sad voice.

"Dad I am going to stay here only from now on. I am not going back. Sorry if I have hurt you this won't happen again."

"Are you sure you don't want to run away again?" First time in our whole conversation I could see hopes in his eyes.

"Yes I won't go anywhere. Please don't worry." I said with weak smile.

"Are you going to stand here whole time or are you going to give your old man hug?" He asked and meanwhile he tried to sit.

"Dad you need to take care don't try to get up" I was stubborn but so was dad. After all all my stubbornness I have got from him. I went and hugged him.

"I am sorry dad."

"It's okay Aaru" He said and smiled. His eyes shined with happiness. I felt relaxed.

Door was opened I saw Tanya coming in "Good now since he is here no will remember I exist. No will pamper me. No will love me." She said in her dramatic way. Dad smiled and removed his right hand.

"You can come here" Dad said. She came fast and hugged dad and me.

" I will always love you both" He said.

"Now you need to rest. I will be back in sometime." I said.

"Don't worry. You guy's go home take rest. Mukesh is going to stay with me tonight. Come tomorrow morning." I nodded.

"Do you want something to eat or drink? Should I send something with chachu (paternal uncle)?" I asked him.

"I already had food and Kiara has kept extra food and fruits on that table." He said. I looked and saw different food items and fruits so I nodded.

"Tomorrow you have angioplasty so please take rest and don't talk about business with chachu. Bye. Good night " He nodded.

" Tanya What about you?" I asked.

"Chachu (paternal uncle) is on his way. He will be here in 2 minutes than we can leave for home" She said. I nodded.

Mukesh Varma was dad's younger brother. Uncle and dad looked after my grandfather's business. Varma international groups mainly deals in creating customised software for companies for there day to day work purpose. We also had various deals of in-house software. I had studied software engineering and same Reyansh chachu's son followed. Reyansh was chachu's child. I was 29, reyansh was 27 and Tanya was 25 years old. Tanya being youngest she was the most pampered child. She was least interested in studying engineering so she studied fashion designing. Mom and Sheela chachi (paternal aunt) were like sisters. Everyone were living together at Varma Mansion at Juhu.

Knock on the door and I saw Chachu (paternal uncle) entering with a smile. I went to him and was about to touch his feet and he stopped me.

"Common Aarav you don't have to touch my feet you need to hug me. If you touch my feet I will feel I am getting old like your father". I laughed and hugged him.

"How are you chachu (paternal uncle)?" I asked.

"All good my son. Congratulations for Hi- tech project. You make me proud always."

"Thank you. Hi tech project was not possible with out your help and support. So credit goes to you not me." I said

"Please don't give me any credit it was your efforts and hardwork. Now enough of talking go home Aarti Bhabhi (sister in law) and Sheela are waiting for you."

" Oaky I am leaving if you require anything please give me a call" He nodded.

I and Tanya left the hospital and were on our way to home.