12. Twin Quidditch Battle

The morning of the next Quidditch match dawned bright and cold. Hufflepuff vs. Gryffindor. Nala was anxiously pacing in the locker room as they all entered. "Nala," Nic began, seeing her worry.

"Shut up a moment," she snapped. "I need to think."

"It's happening," one of the beater whispered with a small smile. "Happens every year about the second match. She freaks out and thinks she's going to lose." Once they had gotten her to calm down and they'd all changed, the team went out to meet Gryffindor. Harry sent a small smile at his twin, who returned it before they were ordered to mount their brooms. Next moment they were off. Angela Johnson instantly took the quaffle, but the next moment, Snape, who was refereeing, blew the whistle, pausing the game.

"Penalty to Hufflepuff!" he called, glaring dangers at George Weasley who had hit a budget at him. Nic went forward and took it. She, of course, made the shot easily and Hufflepuff was ten points up. Harry and Cedric both circled above the game, scanning for the snitch. Just as Nala scored, Harry dove, going into a dive with Cedric close behind him. With a groan, Nic saw him pull out of the dive, snitch in hand.

Landing, Nic grumbled to Charlotte, the other chaser. "That wasn't even fair. We had no time to play!"

"Sore loser, Nic?" Harry teased, running over to her.

"Shut it, Lightning," she retorted bitterly.

"Aw don't be such a sore loser," he retorted, pretending to be irritated just before Nic noticed DUmbledore coming over to them.

"Well done," he said, smiling down at Harry. "And you did excellently as well, Ms. Potter."