79. A Hard Summer

Nic was counting down the days til she wouldn't have the trace on her anymore as summer began. She had gotten wind of the fact that the Death Eaters all believed her dead and she began to make plans to make it stay that way. The beginning of the summer mostly consisted of Nic hiding at the Burrow and making plans for security for the different Order houses. She began to also make plans to get Harry out of the house.

Nic hadn't allowed herself to think much since everything at Hogwarts. Everyone was worried about her but wouldn't say anything. She was busily writing out a plan to get Harry out when Remus sat down in front of her. He waited patiently until she sighed, set aside her quill, and asked, "What is it, Remus?"

"Nic," he began, thinking carefully over what he said. "I know that we are all upset about Dumbledore, but...you seem upset about something else as well. What is it you haven't told us?"

"Nothing," Nic snapped, going back to her plans.

"Nic," he sighed, waiting for an answer.

Bitting her lip, Nic said, "Remus...Harry told you that Draco wasn't the only one who was tasked with getting the Death Eaters in the castle and killing Dumbledore."

"Right, Tyriq Hufflepuff was in on it too," Remus replied.

"Tyriq didn't just turn evil and join the Death Eaters," Nic said.

"Nic, I know you want to believe in him, but..."

"No!" Nic snapped, slamming her hand on the table. "He didn't betray me." Letting out a sigh, she sat back down and said, "Whatever, just leave me alone. I need to fix this."

"Right," Remus sighed, getting up and leaving.

"Focus, Tyriq!" Benjamin Hufflepuff shouted, shooting spell after spell at him. "The Order won't take it easy on you."

"I know that!" Tyriq shouted back, shooting a curse at his father, shooting him back into the wall.

"Tyriq," Draco called, stepping into the room. "The Dark Lord wishes to see you." Tyriq nodded and followed behind Draco. "You okay?" he asked quietly.

"Fine," Tyriq huffed, pushing past him into the room where Voldemort stood waiting. "You wished to see me, my Lord."

"Tyriq," he replied. "I have a job I would like you to do. A very important job. I have received information that the Order has someone planning all their defenses. This person knows how to get into every home of every person in the Order. They also know where Harry Potter is. I want you to find this person and bring them to me."

"If it is your will," Tyriq replied monotonously. "Is there any more information on this person?"

"Their code name is Phoenix," Voldemort drawled.

"Phoenix?" Ty repeated, raising his eyebrows. "Very original."

"Isn't it," Voldemort chuckled dryly. "You have until easter to bring Phoenix to me or your parents lose another child." Tyriq set his jaw and nodded. Going back to his room, he packed a bag with his wand, some money, clothes, and, reaching into a desk drawer, he drew out his most prized possession. With a sigh, he put the chain around his neck and gripped the dog tags tightly. Tucking them under his shirt, he grabbed the bag and turned towards the door.

"You're leaving," Draco said quietly.

"I have a job to do," Ty replied. "I'll see you around."

"Wait," Draco said. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Fine," he replied, pushing past him. After a moment he turned back and said quietly, "Be careful, Draco." He nodded and Tyriq left.

"All right, listen up," Nic called, facing everyone. "Here's the plan. We're going to Privet Drive and everyone is going to take polyjuice potion so they look like Harry. Each Harry will be and with an overaged wizard or witch. It will create a diversion so we can get Harry out. Each Harry will go to one of the secure locations I put together where a portkey will be set up and they can transport here."

"Are you coming?" Hermione asked.

"No," Remus said for her. "You still can't use magic and we need the Death Eaters to still think you're dead. Besides, word is Voldemort has one of his most skilled Death Eaters looking for 'Phoenix'."

"That's news to me," Nic snapped, crossing her arms over her chest. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I just found out before I came here," he defended. "You're sitting out of this."

"Very well," Nic replied. "Moody, Hagrid, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, Bill, Arthur, Tonks, Remus, Fleur, Kingsley, and Mundungus. You're going to go."

"Who all is turning into Harry?" Hermione asked.

"You, Ron, Fred, George, Fleur, and Mundungus," Nic said. "Alastor, you should go with Mundungus, keep him in line." Moody nodded.

Nic turned to leave before Moody said, "Phoenix, you should change your appearance. Anyone who looked at you would know who you are." Nic nodded and left the room. Once in Ginny's room, she looked in the mirror.

"How'd the meeting go?" she asked, looking up.

"They call me Phoenix, right?" Nic asked, ignoring her question.

"Yeah," she replied. Nic looked in the mirror hard before her hair suddenly changed. It shifted so that it was the color of fire. There were bits of red, orange, and yellow all intertwined in her hair to look like a roaring fire. Next she changed her eyes to stormy blue-grey. Turning to face Ginny, Nic asked, "What do you think?"

"I like it," she replied. "But maybe you should change your skin tone a little bit, just to look less like yourself. Maybe go darker a few shades." Nic nodded and darkened her skin to a golden bronze.