83. The Falcon

Nic had been hiding for over six months when she began to break camp as she did every other day. She had finished packing her bag before undoing the spells around her. As she always did, she began to walk through the woods as she tried to think of a new place to go. Next moment, she heard faint popping noises.

Her eyes widened as she hid behind a tree. "Come out of there with your hands up!" an all too familiar voice ordered. "We know you're in there! You've got half a dozen wands pointed at you and we don't care who we curse!" Nic heard faint parts of the talk before she inched closer to hear, but the crackling of the leaves under her feet caught the attention of one of the group. Next moment, she was pinned against the tree with a hand at her throat.

"Bastard," she groaned, not seeing the man clearly.

"Shut the hell up!" he shouted, banging her head back against the tree. "Who are you?!"

"Candice Wood," Nic lied, her voice sounding strangled as he was pressing into her windpipe. He tightened his hold, his nails digging into the sides of her neck, and dragged her over to the other people before shoving her to the ground. Looking up, she spotted the last people she expected to see. Hermione was looking at her fearfully with Ron next to her looking stumped. The third looked like it could be Harry, but only a very stung version of him, but he looked terrified at the sight of her.

"So, Candice Wood," a voice behind her drawled as Nic finally realized who it was. Tyriq. Her suspicion was confirmed when he stepped right in front of her, grabbing a fistful of her fiery locks and hissing, "What were you doing all the way out here?"

"J-Just going for a walk," she stuttered, feigning fear. "W-What do you w-want with me?"

"I think you can help me with something," he replied. "I'm looking for someone, someone who the Dark Lord has great interest in. I was thinking you might know something about her."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," Nic whimpered, beginning to fake cry.

"Phoenix," Tyriq snapped, his voice suddenly hardened. "Who is she?!"

"W-What?" Nic cried, pretending her hardest to be confused.

"We're taking all four of them with us," Tyriq stated, getting to his feet.

"Now who are you to-" another voice growled.

Flaring up, Tyriq shouted, "The Dark Lord gave e a job to do and gave me authority to use whomever I need to get it done!" He got into his face as he warned, "Stand down, Greyback, or I will end you quicker than you can pull out your little fangs." The werewolf backed up and the prisoners were all tied together. "Not that one," Tyriq ordered, looking directly at Nic. "I'm taking her to Malfoy Manor for questioning." Nic's blood ran cold, but she tried her best to just look like a scared little girl.

Grabbing onto her arm, Tyriq apparated and before them appeared a large house. He stepped right through a rather solid-looking gate, dragging her behind him. "It's bee a while," Draco said from the door.

"Draco," Tyriq replied courteously. "I brought this girl in for questioning. Would you mind clearing out the living room?"

"I don't know," Draco replied with uncertainty. "Bellatrix is in there." Tyriq nodded and brought Nic instead to a small room off the dining room, Draco trailing behind. Tyriq shoved her into a chair and, with a flick of his wand, made ropes appear and bind her there. For the first time she got a good look at him. His hair was shorter now and wasn't done with any particular style. He also had a thin beard along his jaw, making him look much older and more mature. As he turned to speak to Draco, Nic began trying to think up a way to get out without alerting anyone to who she was.

She could change forms, but unless she was sure no one saw her, she didn't want to risk it. "So what's your plan here, Tyriq?" Draco asked. "You don't seem one for torturing."

"I have to figure it out," Tyriq replied before turning back to face her. "Do you know where you are?"

"The house of a Death Eater," Nic replied, beginning to fake cry again.

"What do you know about Phoenix?" Tyriq asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I-I don't know who that is," Nic stuttered before Draco came back.

"Tyriq, they brought the others," he said, coming back from the door.

"Draco, I need you to do something for me," Tyriq hissed, turning away from Nic. "They're going to ask you to identify Harry, please, lie."

"But if he finds out-" Draco began.

"Don't you want him gone," Tyriq retorted quietly. "Our only chance of that is Harry Potter. So lie."

"Okay," Draco agreed before Tyriq grabbed Nic by the arm, got rid of the ropes, and dragged her out the door.

"They say they've got Potter," Narcissa Malfoy said. "Draco, come here."

"Well boy?" Greyback growled. Draco glanced back at Tyriq and then scanned Harry's puffed up face.

"Well Draco?" Lucius asked desperately. "Is it Harry Potter?"

As they went on, Tyriq muttered, "Stay quiet. You'd much rather deal with me than any of them."

"You took me prisoner," Nic hissed, struggling against him. Rolling his eyes, Tyriq tightened his hold on her wrists, causing Nic to wince.

"What's this? What happened Cissy?" The cold voice of Bellatrix LeStrange asked. Nic's jaw clenched. Hermione glanced over at Nic in worry as the Death Eaters talked on. "And who is this?!" Bellatrix shrieked, looking over at Nic. A shutter went down her spine and she subconsciously moved closer to Tyriq.

"I'm questioning her," Tyriq replied coldly. "In regards to Phoenix."

"Certainly looks the part," Lucius remarked, coming towards her. She flinched as he moved a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Don't touch me," Nic spat, moving away from him as best she could. Next moment she was slapped across the face.

"I think you should question her, Bellatrix," Lucius said.

"She's my prisoner," Tyriq retorted.

"No, no, I'll take her," Bellatrix replied. "Her and the Mudblood. Take the rest down to the dungeons."

"No!" Ron shouted. "You can have me, keep me!"

"If she dies under questioning, I'll take you next," Bellatrix cooed. "Blood traitor is next to Mudblood in my book. Take them downstairs, Greyback, and make sure they are secure, but do nothing more to them - yet." Soon they were all dragged off and Nic and Hermione were alone with Tyriq and Bellatrix.

"Thanks for the offer, Bellatrix," Tyriq snapped, "but I've got it."

"You sure?" she retorted mockingly. "You're not as well versed in the ways of torture, Hufflepuff." Tyriq set his jaw and went quiet as Bellatrix moved over to Hermione. "I'll have a go at Mudblood," Bellatrix decided. "If you're really as good as you say, then go, have a go at her while I handle this." Tyriq nodded and dragged Nic back to the room they'd been in before.

"Look I've already told you, I don't know who Phoenix is!" Nic shouted before he'd even said a word.

"I'm trying to help her," Tyriq snapped.

Nic scoffed. "Yeah right. A Death Eater? Help the one person who could ruin the Order if she wanted to? Bull."

"So you do know something," Tyriq snapped, facing her again. Next moment, a horrific scream reached their ears from Hermione and Nic flinched. Tyriq went rather pale but had no other reaction. His voice was slightly hollow when he asked, "What do you know? I won't let you do until you tell me."

"Let me?" Nic snarled. "Gee, you use that line on your girlfriend."

"My girlfriend is dead," Tyriq snapped, suddenly much more angry. Next moment, he slammed Nic against the wall, a hand on each shoulder, and demanded, "Who is Phoenix!"