41. Padfoot

Nic's life had turned into a bit of a nightmare since the article had come out. It seemed the only Hufflepuffs not shunning her were Tyriq, Cedric, Hannah, and Susan. No one, not even Harry, believed her that the article was rubbish. Tyriq was getting a lot of sympathy and unwanted attention. He hated every minute of it so much that, despite his biases against Sirius, he was more than willing to go with her to meet him at her request.

When they arrived, Buckbeak attempted to nab at the birds, but Sirius moved in front of them. Once they had changed to their human forms, Nicki instantly hugged Sirius. "Siri!" she cried, hugging him tightly.

"How are you, Nic?" he asked. She sighed, not answering him as she noticed Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the cave too.

"Why are they here?" Nic snapped.

Glaring at Tyriq, Harry snapped, "He's an animagus too?"

"What do you care, Harry?" Nic retorted. "If you don't stop this behavior, I'm never talking to you again."

"Nic," Siri sighed. "What is Harry doing that's so irritating?"

"Now you done it," Tyriq muttered, having heard this rant many times before. He leaned back against the wall and tuned his best friend out, not in the mood to listen to this rant for the millionth time.

"He ignores me all the time apart from the summer holiday, but then he suddenly starts trying to control my life!" Nic yelled, glaring daggers.

"I just-" Harry began. Rolling her eyes, Nic gave him a look that could kill.

"Look, whatever sibling squabble you two have," Hermione interrupted, glaring between the two, "we have more important issues. Tell her what you overheard, Harry."

With a groan, Harry explained, "While under the invisibility cloak, I heard Dumbledore and Maxime talking about the final task."

"What about it?" Nic retorted.

"The companions are apart of it," Harry snapped. "It's a maze and the companions go in with the champions apart from one that is selected by roll of the dice."

"Bloody hell," Tyriq said, going a little pale. "Nic..."

"I know," she snapped, trying to process. "I have to tell Cedric."

"I have to tell Cedric," Harry repeated, doing a mocking imitation of Nic's voice.

"Harry," Siri sighed, giving him a reproachful look. "You need to stay out of your sister's relationships. She's smart so just trust her."

"Besides, you really think Ginny'd let any bloke that screwed her over get away with it?" Ron laughed. Soon after, the others left.

"I'll see you later, Nicki," Tyriq said.

"Bye, Ty," she replied. When they were all gone, she groaned, "Thank you for telling Harry off. He was getting so annoying."

Sirius laughed and replied, "I think I first started dating at your age too." After a pause, he asked, "How's your friend Tyriq holding up? I saw the article."

With a sigh, she leaned against the wall and replied, "He's...managing. He's just a really private person and to have the thing that bothers him the most just laid out for everyone to see and ridicule...it's hard for him."

"And how are you holding up?"

"Oh you mean with being hated by everyone in my house apart from...four people? Yeah doing great. A real highlight," Nic replied sarcastically. "Not even Harry believes me that the article is rubbish. Only Cedric, Tyriq, Hannah, and Susan believe me."

"I'm sorry," Siri replied, giving her a hug. "It'll blow over. Then no one will care."

"Let's hope so," Nic replied. "You getting enough to eat?"

"Yeah," he replied. "Thanks for that, by the way."

"Of course," Nic sighed. "Well I should head back, but it was really good to see you."

"You too," he replied. As she gave him one last hug, he added, "Be careful, little phoenix."

"You too, Siri." With that, she turned into her bird form and flew away.