86. The End of the War

Nic let out a low groan as she came to. Opening her eyes, she found that she was being carried by a large Death Eater through the Forbidden Forest. Her wrists and ankles had been bound together making escape near impossible. Soon they reached a clearing and the Death Eater flung her to the ground where she let out a dry cough. Looking up, she saw Voldemort surrounded by his followers, including Tyriq. "I was...it seems mistaken," Voldemort was saying.

"You weren't," a voice behind her snapped. Nic turned, her eyes widening in fear as she spotted Harry, but she couldn't move. It was as if she was frozen in place, her voice along with it.

Harry stared Voldemort dead in the eyes and Nic seemed to be able to find her voice as she screamed, "Harry, no!" Harry looked to her, his eyes widening. "What are you doing here!"

"Quiet!" Rowle shouted before screaming, "Crucio!" Nic fell to the ground, letting out a scream of pain. Her head lay on the ground as she let out a sob. Harry rushed forward as the pain stopped but her sobs didn't. Nic cried into Harry's shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Let her go," Harry ordered. "She's not apart of this!"

"Oh but she is," Voldemort retorted.

"He can't know who I am, don't look in his eyes," Nic whispered. Harry nodded, looking away from him. "Harry, it's fine, but what are you doing?"

"I'm the eighth horcrux," Harry breathed, trying not to let the others hear him. Nic nodded, her eyes filled with tears. Harry stood, facing Voldemort without fear.

"Harry Potter," Voldemort said quietly. "The Boy Who Lived." Nic's breaths shook and a tear streamed down her cheek. "AVADA KADAVERA!"

"NO!" Nic screamed, her tears streaming hurriedly from her eyes to her cheeks. Sobbing, she crawled over to Harry's body and lay her head on his chest. "No, Harry." But as she was crying, she suddenly felt Harry's hand move. She froze, her crying stopping. Backing away from him, she saw his eyes briefly fluttered open. Nic cried silently, trying to keep up the pretense of being in mourning as Narcissa Malfoy approached. She touched his face, pulling back an eyelid and felt his heart under his shirt.

Feeling a heartbeat, her sharp eyes looked up at Nic's terrified ones before she whispered, "Is Draco alive? Is he in the castle?"

"Yes," Harry breathed back.

"He is dead!" Narcissa shouted, standing.

"You see?" Voldemort cackled. "Harry Potter is dead by my hand, and no man alive can threaten me now! Watch! Crucio!" Harry somehow remained limp and did not cry out as he was tossed around by Voldemort. "Now we go to the castle, and show them what has become of their hero. Who shall drag the body?" Nic was hauled up by another Death Eater than before as another took Harry. When she saw it was Tyriq, she relaxed slightly, but not much.

"What's going to happen now?" Ty whispered.

"I don't know," Nic breathed back. "But if this is the end then..."

She couldn't continue as Voldemort magically magnified his voice and said, "Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone. The battle is won. You have lost half your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. Your precious Phoenix is captured. There must be no more war.

"Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman, or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

"NO!" McGonagall screamed. Several other voices joined in as they rushed out.

"SILENCE!" Voldemort shouted. "It is over. You shall see what happens to those who defy me. Set her down, Tyriq." Ty did so and Nic was left facing Voldemort defiantly. Her heart shook, but she showed no fear. "You're going to die, Phoenix."

"I'm all ready dead," Nic retorted. "According to you, at least." Voldemort's eyes narrowed as Nic smirked. Next moment, her blue eyes turned steel grey and her hair turned back to purple.

"Nic," Tyriq whispered, his eyes instantly glossing over.

"AVADA-"

"NO!" Tyriq screamed, jumping between Nic and Voldemort.

"Tyriq," Voldemort began, surprised.

"I WON'T LOSE HER AGAIN! I WON'T LET YOU KILL HER!" Tyriq shouted desperately. With a flick of his wand, Nic was released and she got to her feet. Nic noticed Harry beginning to move away from the Death Eaters.

"And you had so much potential," Voldemort cooed, raising his wand again. "Crucio!"

"NO, TY!" Nic shouted, crouching down next to him as he screamed in pain. Next moment, many things happened at once. Several people rushed from the boundary of the school with loud battle cries, a giant stomped onto the grounds calling, "HAGGAR!" While the centaurs galloped onto the scene. Nic grabbed hold of Tyriq and dragged him to the other side while Harry covered himself with the invisibility cloak and Neville slashed off the head of the large snake.

"I can't believe you're alive," Tyriq said as they hid behind the Order and those fighting with them.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you," Nic whispered back, cupping his cheeks. "But I was so worried that you'd get hurt because of me or do something stupid. I wanted to-" Nic was cut off as Tyriq kissed her. The next moment, the ground was shaken as giants stomped along the ground. Tyriq wrapped an arm around Nic's waist and they sprinted into the castle. Death Eaters and the Order alike retreated inside to avoid the giants.

Nic stopped in her tracks, facing Tyriq. "I'm sorry, there's something I need to do."

"What is it?" Tyriq asked worriedly.

"This started with me and Bellatrix," Nic explained, growing pale. "It needs to end with one of our deaths."

Nic turned to leave, but Tyriq caught her arm, crying, "Wait!" Turning to face him, Nic's eyes met his scared ones.

"I have to go," Nic whispered. Quickly she kissed him before rushing off. She found Bellatrix in the Great Hall, dueling Hermione, Ginny, and Luna. "BELLATRIX!" Nic screamed. The three dueling her stepped back, recognizing this as a battle other than their own. Bellatrix smirked.

"Looks like I'll get to kill you after all," she cackled. "Little precious baby Potter. We meet again."

"This is it, Bellatrix," Nic called confidently. "Either you die or I do. Our little dance is coming to it's end."

"Then prepare to die," Bellatrix cooed.

"Funny," Nic retorted dryly, raising her wand. "I was going to say the same thing. Stupify!" Bellatrix dodged as spell after spell flashed between them. Nic grew more ruthless, changing from the harmless spells to more deadly ones, even firing Crucio and Sectumsempra a few times.

At the last moment, Bellatrix got the upper hand as she shouted, "Crucio!" Nic fell to the ground, letting out a loud groan. Bellatrix sauntered over to her, thinking her giving up.

Nic looked up with a smirk, shouting, "SECTUMPEMPRA!" Bellatrix fell to the ground, blood pooling around her. Nic's eyes fluttered closed and she collapsed to the ground in Bellatrix's blood.