64. The Department of Mysteries

Upon arriving to London, Nic changed back and they entered the visitor's entrance. The Ministry was eerily quiet and empty when they stepped inside. "Everyone stay behind me," Harry ordered. Nic stayed very close behind him, watching carefully for any sign of trouble. They went down the lift to the Department of Mysteries and Nic clutched her wand tightly. Something was wrong about this, very very wrong.

Soon they entered a large, circular room with a series of doors along the sides. "Someone shut the door," Harry muttered. The moment Neville did so, the room spun and they could not tell which door they had come from. The others began searching the rooms while Nic stayed as lookout in the circular room, telling them, "Let me know when you find the right room." Harry nodded and rushed off. When they had tried at least three rooms, Harry shouted, "This is it! This way!"

Nic ran into the room after them where they stood by another door. Harry pushed on the door and it swung open. Nic's heart was pounding as they entered the room full of glass orbs. They went along until row ninety-seven. The moment Nic looked down the row, her heart sank. Her ears rang as Harry went towards the end. "Harry," Nic said sharply. "We need to go, now."

"I...I don't think Sirius is here," Hermione added.

"Harry?" Ron called.

"What?" he called back.

"Have you seen this?" Ron asked.

"What?" he asked, turning to see what they were talking about.

"It's - it's got your name on-" Ron explained, pointing at one of the orbs.

"Harry, don't touch it," Nic urged.

"What is it?" Ron asked. "What's your name doing down here?"

"We don't have time for this!" Nic shouted desperately. "We need to go before it's too late!" Harry reached forward to pick it up. "Harry, don't!" Nic shouted again, but it was too late. His fingers clasped around the cool sphere. Instantly black shapes emerged around them, masked figures. A dozen wands were pointed at them threateningly.

"To me, Potter," Lucius drawled. When Harry did nothing, he said again, "To me."

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked, causing Nic to roll her eyes in irritation. Discreetly, she pressed her thumb to the silver ring around her pointer finger. It instantly began to lightly burn, sending the message she wanted. It wasn't enough to hurt, but enough to catch one's attention.

A harsh female voice cackled, "The Dark Lord always knows!"

"Always," Malfoy repeated. "Now, give me the prophecy, Potter."

"I want to know where Sirius is!"

"I want to know where Sirius is!" the female voice mimicked, ending with a cruel laugh.

"You've got him!" Harry shouted. "He's here. I know he is!"

"The widdle baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dweamed was twoo," the woman cooed mockingly.

"Harry, stop!" Nic shouted, sending a glare at him. "Isn't it obvious? The bastard lured you here. He knew that you'd come to save him! This was all a trap!"

"Right you are, Potter," Lucius drawled, causing the woman to suddenly get excited.

"Can it be," she cackled. "Little baby Potter, number two. The one who's Daddy can running once widdle fwightening Bewatwix arrived!" Another cackling laugh left her lips gleefully.

Nic set her jaw as Harry whispered to the others, "Don't do anything. Not yet."

"You hear him?" Bellatrix cackled. "You hear him?! Giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!"