19. Dementors

Nic awoke the next morning to see a cup of hot chocolate beside her and a plate of raspberry scones. Smiling, she grabbed a scone and got to her feet. Once she had dressed, she turned to the mirror and began deciding what to do with her hair today. After thinking a moment, she shifted her hair to a platinum blond and her eyes icy blue. After fixing her hair in a messy bun, she gathered her things all together.

Sitting down, she returned to her meal. When she was down to the last scone, a knock on her door caught her attention. "Come in!" she called.

"Hey," Ty greeted. "Mrs. Weasley's having a heart attack trying to get everyone together. You ready?"

"Yup," she replied, grabbing the final scone. Slipping on shoes with the scone still in her mouth, Nic grabbed Sonata's cage with the owl inside. "Can you...?" Tyriq had already grabbed her trunk before she asked. "Thanks." They headed downstairs. As they came down the stairs together, Mrs. Weasley spotted the two and gave them a strange smile before whispering to her husband. Nic had no idea what that was about, but put her trunk and owl with the others.

"Hey I just realized," Ty remarked. "You could ask Mr. or Mrs. Weasley to heal your wrist."

"You're right," Nic exclaimed, her eyes widening. "I didn't even think about that." Once it had been healed, she added the split to her trunk. Leaving was complete chaos and it was a huge relief when Nic and Tyriq finally got on the train. They found an empty compartment and had just settled in when Ginny appeared.

"Can I sit with you guys?" she asked nervously.

"Course," Nic replied, smiling. The three of them passed the time laughing and talking together. Ginny loved hanging out with Nic because, unlike her brothers, she didn't seem to care that she was in a lower year than her. She treated her like a sister. She also liked Tyriq as he was the same way. Soon they were also joined by Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang, a fourth year. They all had a brilliant time during the train ride before they had to change.

"So what electives you taking, Nic?" Cedric asked as the laughter at one of his jokes died down.

"Ancient Runes, and Advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts," Nic explained. "How about you, Ty?"

"Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures," he replied. "Decided not to deal with Divination, although it seems that's what most people chose."

"Trelawney is...interesting," Cedric remarked, trying his hardest to be rude about her.

"How?" Ginny asked.

"Let's just say Tyriq dodged a bullet," Ced laughed, causing Cho to burst out laughing, having had her herself last year.

"Ced, you excited for OWLs this year?" Nic asked.

"Don't remind me," he groaned. After much more talk and laugher, it begun to get dark. They were almost there when the train rumbled to a stop. "We can't be there yet," Cedric said, growing worried.

"I'm going to go find Ron," Ginny stated as the lights snapped off. She left, leaving Cho, Cedric, Nic, and Tyriq.

"I need to go check on my little brother," Cho said, getting up. Once she left, Nic began to have a feeling of foreboding. Cedric lit his wand as the door slid open. Before them was a tall, towering figure. Instantly they all felt their insides turn to ice. The thing breathed, making the intense cold get worse. Instantly Nic began to feel light headed. Next moment, the edges of her vision began to turn to black. Then everything faded away.

Nic seemed to see before her a tall shadow. It cackled and laughed cruelty before a wand was raised before her. "Pretty little Potter at last," the voice cackled. "I wonder how many tries it'll take to kill you."