New beginning

Rose POV
------
My eyes were already fully glazed over as I stared at the great oak wood door that separated me and hundreds of noisy students. All I could do was look down at the tight rings cutting into my fingers, they were shaking slightly thankfully not so much that anyone would notice.

Before I could gather my thoughts a grey haired woman with a kind face opened the door to present a grand, long hall full of vibrant colours and talkative students.

It was already 1 week after the school term had started, so already I was late. The new girl, who people would already be judging from the sidelines was already 1 whole week late. How embarrassing.
Who I would later know to be Professor McGonagall hastily pushed me forward towards Dumbledore who I had previously met when my parents enrolled me.

Before I knew it I was stood front and centre with everyone's curious eyes cutting into me, it felt as if my very soul was being peered into the way some of the students glared at me.

'Think she'll be a Griffindore" one girl with mesmerising, almost electric ginger hair mutter under her breath.
"No I reckon she looks like a hufflepuff" as two twin boys hopped into the conversation. It already felt like I was meat that people had been praying on.

Finally, I saw a familiar face nod his head towards my direction. In that moment I could feel my heart which had been hammering in my chest slowly calm down and allowed my breath to re enter my incredibly hot body.

Cedric diggory. I had know Cedric for years, ever since we were kids. In fact our parents had been friends their entire life, so naturally that meant me and Cedric fell into a friendship without any difficultly. He's like my life partner. And I his.

"Huss everybody, Huss down" Dumbledore spoke clearly
"We have a new student joining us today from Beauxbatons and will be starting third year so I hope you all welcome her with open arms".

In that moment Dumbledore turned to me and gave me a slight smile while the edges of his eyes crinkled. I think he saw straight through my quite obvious nerves and wanted to ease my worries as I continued to play with my ring. He then continued.

"Would you like to maybe - introduce yourself" in that moment I saw one boy over at the Slytherin table with blinding white blond hair which loosely hung just over his forehead snigger to a larger boy next to him. Within that moment my throat closed up as my words wrapped into one but somehow my sentence came out clear and cohesively.
"My name is Rose Nicholls"
"Maybe you could tell us a little fact about yourself" Dumbledore warmly smiled, looking at me thinking he was doing me such a solid.

Without even thinking I sharply said "erm...no thank you. I wouldnt like to that. At all really..." with a slight smile directed towards all the students. Suddenly the two twins who I had spotted not a moment ago cried with laughter shouting at me "we like you already". I tired to hide my smile as I saw Cedric roll his eyes like he'd been expecting me to say something sarcastic and rude, I mean it was my nature.

"Enough is enough ..." McGonagall muttered while placing the sorting hat on top of my dark blonde hair. My blue eyes fluttered for a moment and I took in a heavy breathe.

What felt like 10 hours later the sorting hat finally spoke...

"We'll miss Rose, you're very interesting aren't you? Your mind is fascinating as is your personality! I see a strong connection to one house, but another house is part of you and oh that part is strong. Maybe strong enough to make you completely different to the rest of your main house. Maybe that will not be a good thing...your very difficult. I see a lot of bravery, you have quite the cunny and if I say a manipulative mind with a deep ambition inside of you. Sarcastic I see, with an extremely kind heart...you are part Griffindore but ultimately...".