For Cedric

Rose's POV
—————-
Me and Draco walked down the empty corridors hand in hand as we made our way to the great hall. My boots clicked against the stone floor making the noise echo and bounce from wall to wall. As we rounded the corner I could see Maddison and Matt anxiously waiting by the closed doors.

"Hey guys" I weakly smiled in all there direction
"Rose it's good to see you" Maddison smiled back.

I turned to Draco as I nodded to indicate it was okay to leave me. Draco squeezed my hand reassuringly and kissed my cheek before leaving me and heading to take a sit in the great hall.

"Hey Rose" Matt said as he pulled me into a hug
"Hey Matt, sorry I haven't been around..."
"Don't be! No one blames you" He smiled
"So the choir are going to start first and then we'll come in and join them into the song and then each do our own thing" Maddison explained
"Is anyone else speaking?" I asked
"Harry and Cho" she smiled.

And we went on, I switched on my brave face as the great hall doors burst opened and we walked up to the front as we sang along with the choir. The great hall was set out as usual expect the groups of students were all mixed, not restricted to the house tables like usual. Dumbledore had changed all the decorations to Hufflepuff from Griffindore for Cedric and his house. I walked past Katherine and Hermione and gave them the warmest smile I could possibly create, I wanted them to know I loved them and I was truly grateful for them. They both smiled at me back, actually they practically lit up.

I took a seat alongside the teachers as I watched Maddison sing and share her memories of Cedric, which made me shed a few tears. Cho sat next to me and I could see her shaking as I grasped onto her hand trying to comfort her to best I could. We held hands throughout as more and more people came up to talk about Cedric. Matt wrote a speech, there wasn't a dry eye in the house, it was heart wrenching what he wrote. Him and Cedric had became brothers over their time at Hogwarts, they were inseparable. It was funny being around people who felt the exact same as I do made me feel less alone. I'd spent all this time locked away in room which had only make my mind feel worse, me and my friends needed each other more than ever now.

Now it was my turn.

I can do this.

I stood off, glancing back at Cho and giving her a warm smile which she returned. A mic was already set up courtesy of Dumbledore. I held onto the mic stand as tight as possible as I took in a deep breath, feeling everyone's eyes fixated onto me.

I can do this.

I cleared my throat and focussed my thoughts solely onto Cedric Diggory.

"I don't know how to stand here and truly explain just how amazing Cedric was, no words I can say will ever do him justice honestly. But I consider myself the luckiest person on this earth because I got to call him my best friend, I got to grow up with him...We've spent every holiday together, every birthday party and we've been there for each other no matter what through every single thing. Cedric was the kindest person you'd ever hope to meet, he treated everyone the same and showed everyone the same amount of respect. He was brave and courageous and pushed the people he loved to do their best always, he often put other people's feelings before his which is an extremely rare quality...and he had it.

You can do this you can do this.

"I remember when we were both 10 we were sat in this massive field on holiday somewhere and we got talking about the future. We sat there for hours talking about how we were going to get houses right next to each other so we didn't have to be to far a part, he talked about how we had to do family holidays for the rest of our lives with both our families. His 10 year self was very clear that whoever I ended up with would have to gain his approval because as he stated it 'I won't share my Rose with just anyone' and he was serious when he said it. He has always been protective of me since we were young, even though half the time I was the braver one. Like that one time I had to apparate over to his house...and this was only a few summers ago because there was a spider and he was to scared to get rid of it. But, I could never say no to him if I'm honest".