Another Year Over

Rose's POV
------
I woke up at 2pm to the sweet sounds of Draco lightly snoring in his sleep, he looked so peaceful I didn't want to disturb him. But I needed to go find Harry, I just had to. Taking out a piece of parchment from Katherine's draw I scribbled a note for Draco to find when he woke up.

Draco
I'm sorry for leaving but I need to find everyone to make sure they're okay after last night
I'll see you later
Your Rose
X

I placed the parchment on my pillow and kissed Draco on the forehead before rushing to get changed, putting on a clean pair of jeans and a black top and rushing out of the door. I searched the Griffindore common, the great hall but I finally spotted Harry sat by the Great Lake. Alone.
Cautiously I walked up to him, once he didn't say a word I sat by him with the black late glistening in the sunlight. We sat in silence for a few moments as I waited for him to say something if he wanted to.

"How did you do it?" Harry asked
"Do what?" I asked.

However I knew what he meant.

"How did you cope when Cedric died?"
"I don't think I did really" I admitted
"You seem better now though?" He said with hope
"Yeah I am, honestly it just takes time and having good people around to support you it takes your mind off it, but there are still moments I feel like it was just yesterday other days I forget..." I explained.

"I want to make him proud" Harry said sadly
"Harry you already do that, you don't need to try"
"Thanks Rose, I'm glad I have something who understands what I'm going through"
"Well I'm always here for you" I smile.

"Are you going to go to the feast later this week?" I asked
"Maybe..."
"Just take your time Harry, we're all here" I pulled him into a tight hug as a tear escaped my eyes because I knew exactly how he felt and I just wanted to take his pain away. I left him in his thoughts knowing he needed some time alone as I made my way back to the castle.

-

24th of June

Rose's POV
------
I left Draco sleeping yet again as I changed quickly and made my way to meet Matt at the gates, red roses in my hand. Dumbledore was kind enough to go with me and Matt and apparate us to the church, the sun shone down beautifully and the air wasn't to cold, it was a perfect day. Dumbledore stopped and waited at the bottom of the churchyard by the gate as I grasped onto Matts hand and we made our way through the rows and rows of graves.

We both stopped as we approached what we were looking for, my heart began to feel tight as I held onto Matt even tighter and he did the same. I squeezed his hand one last time as I crouched down and placed the bunch of red roses next to the grave. Hot tears rolled out of my eyes as i re read the engravings.

Here lies Cedric Diggory
An amazing son and an outstanding friend

I saw a wreath filled with beautiful flowers already placed on the grave, Mr Diggory had clearly already been here which only made my heart bleed more because I hadn't seen him since the funeral. It's like he took himself off the face of the earth completely. But I can hardly blame him. Matt crouched down besides me as he pulled me into a sideways hug as we both look at his name painfully.

"I'm graduating in week...and it just feels so wrong without him here" Matt said.
"He'd be so proud of you though Matt"
"You think so?"
"Absolutely! Matt your going off to travel the world for a year, he would have loved that"
"He was supposed to go with me..." Matt frowned
"I know" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.