A Slap In the Face

Draco's POV
------
I rushed off as soon as I saw her crying, what had I just done?. I was Walking away when I heard her crying become louder and I stopped in my tracks. Part of me wanting to run away and never ever think about Rose again, to forget the way her singing had made my feel, to forget her funny and witty personality, her strong yet caring nature. But the other part of me wanted to rush back to her and pull her into a tight hug to tell her how sorry I was and how every thing she said was true ....
But I couldn't, we hated each other and it should stay that way. Her and Cedric are happy. Plus I don't even see her like that.
But Merlin I hoped she didn't hate me forever.

Rose's POV
------
I got back up to my feet, wiping my tear stained cheeks as I made my way to my dorm room, deciding to skip the care of magical creatures even if it was with Hagrid. As I made my way to the Dungeons I was stopped by Cedric walking in my direction.

"Rose Hey" he shouted
"Hey Ced" I smiled back
"Are you okay" he questioned looking at my red eyes
"Yeah I am just really tired is all"
"Well I'm heading to meet up with some friends if you wanna tag along"
"No no I kinda just wanna sit and read sorry" I replied just wanting to be in my bed.
"Erm okay no problem" he smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. I wrapped my hands around him and rested my head on his chest, listening to the peaceful sound of his steady heartbeat.

It would have been nice to hang out with Cedric and Matt but right now my body felt weak and my wrist were still sore. The only thing I wanted right now was to drift into a sweet sleep....

A Few Weeks Later
----------
The past few weeks nothing much has really happened, which was a nice change. McGonagall had stopped my tutoring session with Draco and instead Hermione had been helping me with my spells. She's been rather helpful and it's always fun to get to spend time with her. However, I had finally passed a few tests McGonagall had set and was free from tutoring all together, finally. One less thing to worry about.

Me and Draco haven't spoken at all really, unless you count our meaningless few words we mutter to each other in potions but that is only because we are partners. I don't know why he had suddenly decided to leave me alone but I didn't question it and instead enjoyed the peace and quiet.
Most of my time has been spent with Hermione and Katherine, we hang out at every opportunity possible along with Ginny and Luna who occasionally join us.

But, I haven't seen Cedric at all these past few weeks. He's been helping Cho Chang study apparently...Hermione told me when she saw them both in the library. It was weird having to hear what he was up to from someone else, very weird. Mine and Cedric have only been 'dating' since the week before I was enrolled to Hogwarts. It was nice for the first few months but I don't think we were meant to be together that way. We were soulmates yes. But now I think it's only as best friends. I love Cedric I really do, he is my favourite person ever after all, but I think this whole relationship thing has only ruined our connection and I'm pretty sure he felt the exact same way. We were just avoiding the awkward subject by avoiding each other. But once again I just brushed it off and added it to the mental pile of things I would sort out eventually.

It was a quiet Sunday evening and I was curled up on the sofa in the common room reading a book, the fire place was roaring as I pulled a blanket over the top of my legs to make myself feel extra cosy. Me and Hermione has been both reading muggle books at the minute however her taste in books was very different to mine so we did not swap books over or give each other suggestions, but we still enjoyed reading together. I think Hermione was just glad she finally had a friend that actually actively read.

I heard the common room door burst open but did not bother to look who had strutted in.

"What you reading?" A familiar voice asked as
the smell of mint and cologne around told me exactly who it was, and I did not want to talk to him

"A book" I sneered
"Really I couldn't see that" he said sarcastically.

I regretfully look up from my book to see that Draco has took the seat right next to me.

"Want something?" I spat
"I asked what you were reading..."
Before I can answer he snatches to book of me and begins examining the pages.

"IT?" Blaise speaks up, joining in on the conversation.

I didn't answer back as I was to busy trying to wrestle my book back off Draco but his reflexes were to quick for me today.

"Are you sure you wanna touch that Draco, it is a muggle book" I scoffed
With the most disgusted look he could pull Draco shoved the book back into my hands.
"And it's a horror book Blaise, about a killer clown" I smiled back
"And you enjoy...reading that" he questions
"I find it calming" I stated
"Your so weird" Draco mutters
"Thanks" I fake smile back
"Now can you fuck off and let me read" I spat.

Blaise only rolled his eyes and descended back up to the boys dormitory. However, Draco stayed sat next to me. Again in an uncomfortable silence. I huffed to myself and dragged my body off the comfy sofa and gathered my things.

"You don't have to go" he murmured almost sounding annoyed
"And why would i stay Malfoy"
He quickly rose to his feet and stood opposite me .
"I've been nice for a few weeks now and I can't even get a thanks or a hey" he sneered
"Nice? You think being a normal person and leaving me alone is nice?" I asked
He simply nodded.
"Your a sociopath Malfoy"
"Don't talk to me like that Nicholls" he shouted
"Why? You've done nothing but torture me since I started!" I shouted back
"And what?" He scoffed
"Just leave me alone I can't be arsed to deal with your bipolar attitude".

Silence

"It's not my fault your so easy to annoy, you and pretty boy diggory make a lovely couple, both cowards" He spat.

I stopped at his words, remembering the conversation from the hallways.

But before I knew it I moved forward and slapped him straight across the face, the sound of the slap was so loud it echoed throughout the room, filling up the silence.
Draco looked at me in complete shock as he held his flaming red cheek letting it sink in what had just happened.

"If your waiting for an apology you'll be waiting a long time" I shouted.
"How dare you!" He shouted back.
"Wait wait let me guess..." I said as I cleared my throat.

"MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS" I sneered, doing my best Malfoy expression possible.

He just stood there not knowing what to say...

And with that I ran up to my dorm, slamming the door behind me in frustration. How dare her call me that word after telling Crabbe off her the same behaviour. Maybe I was wrong about him being good deep down...

The next day
-------
"You slapped Malfoy" Ron exclaimed
"Yeah, looked liked it hurt aswell" I smiled
"That's bloody brilliant Rose" Ron was so excited over this, finally Malfoy getting pay back.
"Maybe he'll finally get the message" Harry rolled his eyes
"Somehow I doubt it" I groaned.

"What are you doing over Christmas break" Katherine asked the group.
Harry explained how he was spending the holidays with the Weasleys and how Hermione would join them a few days after Christmas.
Neville was spending it with his grandmother, not that he sounded to excited about this, and Katherine was going to France with her parents. Everyone was extremely jealous.

"What about you Rose" Harry asked
"Me and my parents spend it with the Diggory's every year" I smiled weakly
"Are you and Cedric Okay" Ginny asked
"Yeah we're okay, but I think we're just better off as friends"
"Really" Katherine gasped
"I mean we act more like best mates rather than a couple" I explained
"Are you gonna talk to him" Hermione said
"Not over Christmas, don't want to make the
holidays awkward, we will talk after the break"...