Who's Your Date?

Rose's POV
------
Snape had called us to the great hall at 12pm for a 'surprise' of course I had already guessed Katherine was right and we could be practicing our dancing. Both of our worst nightmares. I loved singing, but dancing with a no for me. I prayed that Draco left me well and truly alone today, after yesterday I don't think I could have been any clearer. But at this point I doubted he cared I mean I thought he had began to show me he cared for me and was opening up. I was wrong. But how do you kill a feeling? How do I stop wanting to get to know Draco Malfoy more?.

It felt like he was a magnet.

The girls were placed on one side of the great hall and the boys were on the other, both sides didn't look like they wanted to be here. I could feel Draco's intense stare right on me, it was painful and made me constantly move in my seat. I didn't give him the luxury of me looking back at him, like I said I was done with Draco bloody Malfoy.

Snape came in, disgust written on his face. He really didn't want to be here. However he was joined by McGonagall.

"So Professor McGonagall is here to help me with your dancing skills today, I'm sure you've all heard about the Yule ball by now" Snape said in his monotone voice.

"The Yule Ball is a very special event for Hogwarts to be hosting! And it is important that you all know how to dance to represent Hogwarts properly" McGonagall beamed "Up you all get".

No one moved a muscle...

"Come on everyone, find a partner from across the room" McGonagall urged.

However, no one moved. Not even slightly. The boys all rolled their eyes at the girls, and I saw Draco back further away into the corner.

"UP NOW!" Snape shouted.

With that every person in the room got to their feet, knowing we couldn't hold it off any longer.

"Find a partner then..." Snape returned to his monotone voice.

I saw Draco across the room looking at me, was he expecting me and him to actually be partners? He was crazy.
However, Blaise strutted towards me and held out his hand.

"May I have this dance my dearest Rose Nicholls" He smirked as he bowed slightly.

Retuning the bow I smirked back, holding out my hand for him to take.

"It would be my absolute pleasure Blaise Zabini".

Blaise led me to the centre of what was now the dance floor and effortlessly moved with my around the floor, he was good at this. He spun me at the right times and his body moved perfectly with the music. I couldn't help however but glance over to Draco's direction to see a pleading Pansy trying her best to drag him to dance. He wasn't budging. Instead his eyes met mine and once he saw me hand in hand with Blaise his fits turned into balls with frustration was written on his face.

Good.

"Guess what Nicholls" Blaise smirked while he spun me around once again
"I don't know, what" I laughed
"There's a party tonight, Slytherin common room you in?" He smiled. No he smirked.again.
"I wouldn't miss it!"
"Didn't think so, heard you liked a party
"I am the life of a party Blaise Zabini" I teased
"Well I'll have to see for myself tonight" He smirked.

"Switch Partners" Snape called.
"Well I guess I'll see you tonight Rose"
And with that he twirled me around, letting to of my hand to send me into the arms of another. Letting Blaise redirect me I landed right into someone else's arms.

I looked up flustered to be buried into Draco's stone grey eyes. He held onto my hand tightly and put his hand gently onto my waist.

"Wow your dancing" I scoffed
"Snape dragged me out here, I had no say" He said.