A Suprise Gift

Rose's POV
------
Summer had been amazing, I spent some quality time with my parents for a few weeks along with Cedric and his father as we travelled to Rome all together on I guess you can say, a family holiday. Me and Cedric had grown a lot closer doing our trip to Italy, just friends of course. The way it always should be. It was just nice to have him back.

Me Katherine and Hermione also met up quite often throughout the summer, constantly having sleepovers and rotating between who's house it would be at each time. We'd be up all night long chatting and catching up each time, laughing until the sun came back up, Katherine even let it slip that she had developed a crush on George after the party at the end of the year. Didn't see that one coming. I'd also spent a lot of time at the Burrow with the Weasleys, everyone was there. I didn't know how we all fit in the house to be honest. I may have even played match maker and 'accidentally" leave the room whenever George and Katherine were there to give them some alone time...

A strange thing had happened during the summer though, I was about a week after school finished and I had returned home. I had been out all day with Cedric and Matt when I returned home to find a little brown parcel sat on my bed. Strange. The parcel did not have a note or anything to say who it was from. I'd even asked Cedric if he had bought me anything but he had no clue what I was on about. I unwrapped the brown paper to find a small black box with a snake little pattern all around.

Wow.

I opened the box to find a beautiful, stunning, breathtaking emerald green pendant with a silver outline. It was gorgeous, just the right shade of green. But to my amazement and surprise once you tilted the green pendant to the light a little, stars. There were stars in the vast green colour moving and shining in what appeared to be a green sky.

I couldn't even describe it enough to give it justice, it looked like it had been spelled to show the stars. It was green from my house colours I understood that, but the stars? What was that about. I didn't know anyone who I shared anything about stars with...

Hold on.

It can't be I told myself over and over agains.

No.

No.

But it made perfect sense, he was the only person I had told to about how much I loved looking at the stars at night and more importantly this was something we both shared. Everything from that night at the astronomy tower made sense. The necklace looked expensive as well, I didn't know anyone apart from Draco who could possibly afford it.

It made me heart sing at the thought of this being from Draco, I didn't not hesitate to put the beautiful pendant on...it stood out perfectly. If I'm being honest, I haven't taken it off all summer. Whenever anyone asked who it was from I lied and told them it was a gift from my parents so that no one would question it.

Summer flew by, it was only a few days until I would be returning to my second home. But before that me Cedric, his father, Mr Weasley, Ginny, Ron Harry, Hermione, Fred and George and lastly Katherine were all attending the Quidditch World Cup. I was staying with Katherine, Cedric and his father while everyone else had their own separate tent.
We had travelled by port key earlier on, which was awful. I landed harshly on the ground along with everyone else, well apart from Mr Weasley, Mr Diggory and Cedric who looked like they were walking on air with no trouble in the world. No fair.

But Cedric had always annoyingly been the better wizard I thought as I rubbed my head from the fall.

We stayed in a tent in a huge field full of other excited wizards and witches, we were not far from Hermione and the rest which made it that much better so we could join them freely.