He's Back

Rose's POV
------
We all sat, huddled in a corner as the loudest noises emitted from just a few steps away. I was holding onto Hermione tightly as she buried her head into my arms trying to drown out the loud noises. Tonks and Lupin had stayed with us to ensure we would not go running after Harry, we were all numb and far to scared to run to the sounds. But, then the noises stopped and the pounding of footsteps sounded on the ground making us all jump up to our feet.

We ran out to see Dumbledore crouched down besides Harry who lay flat on the ground, all I could focus on what the amount of pain Harry looked almost trapped in. We all stood deadly still not quite sure what to do or what to say. What looked like grains of sand escaped from Harry's body, floating in the air, I watched In confusion as I saw the grains form into a figure...

The Dark Lord...Voldemort...standing before us.

I felt fear electricity my body as I looked at the snake like man before my eyes, I had never felt fear like this in all my life, it was nauseating.

"Your a fool Harry Potter...and you will lose" He whispered as he towered over Harry, asserting his dominance.

The sound of the floo networks being used sounded as he who must not be named got closer to Harry, making him stop in his tracks.
Out of the Floo networks came members of the ministry, including Fudge himself who gave the same expression of fear that was written on all of our faces as he looked the Dark Lord into his cold, reptile like eyes. Standing numb with fear. With that, the Dark Lord vanished...

"He's back..." Fudge muttered with disbelief, finally believing what Dumbledore had been telling him all along...finally believing Harry.

I felt my breath begin to steady as the realisation we were safe now, that Harry was safe now. But nothing any of us could say or do would take away the pain of loosing Sirius, I knew that all to well.

Dumbledore apparated us all safely to the Hogwarts gates as he gestured us to head back to our dorms while he stayed with Harry. We didn't question Dumbledore even though we all knew we didn't want to leave Harry, he looked numb, lifeless even. But we did as we were told and went back up to the castle.

"Are you all okay?" Katherine asked as we were just about to leave for our common rooms
"Not really, you?" Hermione asked to which Katherine simply shrugged.
"Rose?" Ron muttered
"Yeah?"
"Are you okay?"
"I-I'll be fine, what matters now is Harry" and without another word we all headed to our common rooms, I walked by myself to the dungeons because Katherine wanted to go and find George the second she was back and I wanted to find Draco.

I practically ran to the common room, muttering the password and stepping inside. It was late, so I just hoped Draco would still be up and I could find him. My heart was beating out of my chest as I entered the common room, tears pooling in my eyes as the emotions that were building up inside clawed desperately to get out of my body. The fire burned bright in the corner of the common room, I searched around the room to see Draco there on the sofa, playing with the rings on his hand as I saw his eyes fixated on the clock above him. He immediately stood up and raced towards me the second he heard the door shut. Without saying a single word he wrapped his arms around me firefly pulling me into his chest, I wrapped my arms around his back and breathed in the smell of mint and cologne making my body feel more relaxed immediately.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He said panicked, not breaking the hug even slightly
"I'm not hurt" I muttered.

And then the sobs escaped my lips, I couldn't hold it in any longer especially not around Draco. I felt my body tense up as the tears starting rolling from my eyes and the sobs were set free into the air. Draco broke the hug, cupping my face in his hands as he stared at me with concern as my tears fell onto his hands over and over again. I pulled my hands up to his and grasped onto them to support myself as he caressed my cheeks to try and comfort me.