Cursed Necklaces&Dinner Parties

Rose's POV
——————-
Snow gently fell from the cloudy sky, landing perfectly on the already covered ground as me, Ron, Harry, Hermione and Katherine made our way to the  three broomsticks. Hermione had been talking about how much she'd been craving a butter beer all afternoon so we abandoned our studying for an afternoon off. However, Harry seemed in another world as his eyes were fixated on Professor Slughorn. I didn't need or want to know.

After Harry had gotten very particular about what seats we sat at, Katherine headed to go and get the drinks.
Just as Katherine went up to pay for our drinks I saw Harry's gaze travel from Slughorn to...Draco. Why was Draco here? He hated the three broomsticks, he didn't meet my eyes and simply left for the door.

"Oh bloody hell" Ron muttered, making us all turn around to see Ginny and Dean sat alone in a booth across the room.
"Their only holding hands Ronald" Hermione smiled as she turned back around to see what's not all they were doing anymore.
"And snogging" She said awkwardly
"I'd like to leave" Ron said uncomfortably
"Ron your not going to die" I scoffed.
"Well what would happen if she looked over here and saw you snogging me...would you expect her to leave" Hermione muttered, taking a long sip of her drink as Katherine brought them back.

Katherine sat down and shot me a smile as we both tired to contain our laughter as Hermione downed her drink, trying not to look at either of us. While me and Katherine both struggled to stop our smiles growing wider, Slughorn came over to chat to Harry.
I heard Slughorn say something vaguely about a dinner party and before I knew it he turned round to me, Hermione and Katherine.

"You three are welcome of course" He smiled
"We'd be delighted sir" Hermione said as she finally came up from her drink.
Slughorn simply smiled to Ron and even called him the complete wrong name, making me and Katherine burst out into laughter once he left, especially because of the look on Ron's face.

About half an hour later we made our way back up the snowy path to the castle. I hadn't seen Draco come out of the bathroom door, unless I'd just missed him. I pushed my worry about Draco aside as I watched a very giddy Hermione pull her arms around Ron and Harry who were a few paces in front. Me and Katherine were happily chatting away when a horrible scream rang out, the sound travelling through the freezing air. Me and Katherine took off after the golden trio who were running as fast as possible to the sounds. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me when I saw a girl sprawled across the floor, and then it got worse her body started rapid shaking taking her from left to right. It was like she was possessed. I noticed a royal looking necklace on the snowy floor, the wrappings had come undone around it. Just as I was about to reach down and inspect the necklace Hagrid knocked me hand, sending me back with shock.

"Do not touch that" He urged as he began to pick the unconscious girl up
"Do not touch that apart from the wrappings, do you understand?" He said sternly as Harry gathered up the necklace and carried it back to the castle.

Harry, Hermione and Ron had to go to Professor McGonagall while me and Katherine were let go by Hagrid who took the girl to madam pomfrey in a hurry.

"Hagrid what was wrong with the necklace" I shouted as he walked away
"It was cursed!" He frowned as he turned back around and went for the hospital wing.

"Cursed? Who would do that?" Katherine gasped
"I have no idea...".

We entered the common room both still shocked from what we had witnessed, it made our entire body's go freezing cold.

"Ladies" Blaise smirked as me and Katherine made our way to him, Jordan and Draco who were sat on the sofa.
"Zabini" I nodded taking a seat opposite Draco
"Did you hear about Katie Bell" Katherine blurted
"Who?" Jordan scoffed
"She was cursed" Katherine said, completely ignoring Jordan's question.
"Cursed?" Blaise questioned
"By some kind of necklace" I chimed in
"It was awful!" Katherine said.