The Truce Is Over

Rose's POV
------
Katherine returned to the common room an hour in, she made up some lame excuse but I knew she was exhausted and wanted to go back and read her book. Plus she didn't really know Cedric or anyone in Hufflepuff apart from Matt vaguely.

It was around 10pm and I made my way back to the common room, exhausted. The corridors were absolutely freezing and I only had a little black t shirt on with jeans. The corridors seemed to go on forever and forever I just wanted my bed.

Suddenly, I was pulled into a dark hallway with someone's hand over my mouth. I wrestled with them trying my best to get free from their grip but it was no use. As soon as they let me go I spun around and hit them hard against the stone way. Not to my surprise there stood Draco Malfoy, gazing back at me.

"Calm down it's just me" He muttered
"You almost gave me a heart attack".

Silence

"Well what do you want Malfoy I'm tired"
"I haven't spoken to you in a while" He tailed off
"And who's fault is that"
"Both of us".

Silence

"Malfoy, your the one who tried to start an argument and you didn't like my opinion which is fine, but that doesn't give you the right to take it out on me" I urged
"Yeah..." He trailed off "I get angry quick"
"I hadn't noticed" I scoffed.

Silence

We were so close together, I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Our noses were slightly touching and I couldn't help but keep looking down at his full lips. I really wanted to kiss him. I don't know why but it felt natural. I saw him stare down at my lips too and moved himself a little bit closer, making the breath get caught in my throat.

"Did you see Matt tonight" he randomly asked, without pulling away
"How do you know Matt"
"I don't" He trailed off, still looking down at my lips
"So..." I began
"I know he has a crush on you though, how cute" He mocked
"Leave Matt alone Malfoy".

As soon as those words left my mouth he quickly moved away from me slightly and lifted his head to look me in the eyes.

"Don't tell me you like him" He laughed "What is it with you and Hufflepuffs
"'No, but he's my friend"
"So you aren't going with him to the ball" he asked
"The ball? I...I haven't thought about it"
"So you haven't thought about the 3 guys that have asked you"
"5 actually" I tried to joke.

Draco didn't see this as a joke however.

"Who else has asked...someone like you" He spat
"Someone like me?" I shouted
"I said who else Blondie!" He sneered
"Erm...Fred Weasley and erm...Some ravenclaw boy"
"And..." He murmured
"And what?" I spat
"And have you said yes to anyone"
"Not yet no"
"Why?"
"Why?"
"Why haven't you said yes"
"I'm waiting" I said
"For what"
"To see who else asks me I don't know Malfoy".

He simply stared down at me, his eyes piercing into mine.

"I don't know I might say yes to Fred, or Jordan or Blaise I don't know...okay" I muttered off.

Big mistake.

Draco suddenly stepped forward, backing me up against the stone wall, his face so unbearably close to me. Draco pressed his body up against mine, pinning my wrists up against the wall. His lips hovered over mine, almost touching. I could taste the mint of his breath and I longed for our lips to meet. He hovered over my lips for a moment more before pulling away, leaving my speechless.

"You've got 5 boys wanting you Blondie, your enjoying it as well aren't you. The attention" He sneered
"No. I'm not. I'm just thinking about who I want to go with that's all"
"Bullshit" He spat
"No it's not it's the truth Draco".

Silence

"Why don't you finally tell me why you got me this" I said, taking the locket out from underneath my shirt
"I didn't -"
"Don't lie to me" I spat.

Silence

He looked like he was deep in thought.

Finally he spoke.

"Now I didn't, why would I buy a little slut like you a necklace".

Silence

I saw his eyes flicker with regret and he went to say something, I hoped he would say sorry. But he closed his mouth and said nothing almost like he was battling with himself. His eyes melted into mine as I watched his expression change rapidly.

"How dare you" I said tears forming in my eyes
"First you tell Pansy off for saying that, now you throw it right back in my face why? Just because I got asked to the ball. Reality check Draco I don't control who asks me out and it isn't any of your business anyways. But the fact that you just called me...".

"I know you bought me this, I don't know why but you did. I was just starting to see good in you, I wanted to get closer to you and be someone you could confide in but you will never change! You are the same narcissistic bastard I met on the first day. You and Pansy are perfect for each other. Now take this shitty necklace that I've worn around my neck from day 1! And leave me alone!" I shouted as I took the pendant off and threw it to his chest.

"THE TRUCE IS OVER MALFOY" I screamed.

"Rose" He shouted after me, but I had already ran off. Praying he would not come after me. Praying he would come after me...

But he didn't.

--

"He really said that?" Katherine shouted
"Yep.." I muttered, trying my best to control my anger
"What a...what..."
"Sociopathic git" I answered for her
"And you wanted him to kiss you?"
"Of course that's the part you focus on" I laugh
"Stay well clear now Rose"
"Don't have to tell me twice, just don't tell anyone else okay? Your the only one who knows about the whole Malfoy thing"
"Cross my heart" she gestured.

"Wanna hear something good" She smiles
"Of course" I say sitting down opposite on her on our beds
"George asked me to the ball" She giggled
"HE DID" I shouted.

Suddenly I jump to my feet and pull Katherine into the tightest hug you could imagine, she laughed into my shoulder as pulled away and continued to celebrate. Her cheeks rosy pink, radiating with joy as she blushed over the thought of George.

"This is amazing Katherine" I continued shouting which only made her smile grow wider
"On top of that, we have a dance practice tomorrow apparently, the Griffindore's had it today, George told me" she smiled
"Seriously" I groaned "kill me" I muttered.

"I'm just gonna sit back and watch Jordan and Blaise fight over you, maybe even D-"
"We don't use that name Katherine"
"Right" She laughed "He who must not be name 2"
"Perfect" I laughed.